Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Opening day of dove season is more of a 'social' event, here in Arizona, than a 'hunting' event. A sign that summer is about done, kids are back to school and it's a reason to go buy a case of shotgun shells. The 'old gun' , usually an older, well cared for double or over/under, comes out to be seen, more than used. The owner must say something akin to "What, this old thing", when another comments on the piece. At sunup, the shooting starts, the chidding begins and the smell of burnt Nitro sends the message that 'payoff time' for living in Southern Arizona has come again.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loooooong day. All I saw was a couple of small bucks and a passle of does. Hunted all day. My son came down after work today along with another club member. They did quite a bit better than I. My son killed a 185 lb. 7 point with a 17" spread and my buddy killed a 195 lb. 8 point with a 19" spread! Not bad. Not bad at all.
f.t. khfp

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Drew. I didn't have a camera with me. Only pics are with one of those Polaroid Instamatic jobs that we keep at the clubhouse to take pics for the braggin' board. perkgfn fhfjjjj
f.t.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.