Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this ammo in a storage space. Anyone know what is is? Maybe a scatter shell for game?

I also found some old pointed-tip ammo with some hollow point ammo. I'd say unusual for today.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Some fairly useless shotshells.

They produce fairly useless circular patterns.

People do buy them, though.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Possibly training ammo, or wax bullets for indoor use?

Reactions: arky

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No shake sounds. It's from an old box which I forgot about 30 years ago.

I am looking and making notes on my old ammo since the ammo prices have more than doubled in three months. I have 1200 rounds of .38 Special with a good supply of .357 magnum and .45 ACP. I have a good supply of .22LR.

I am a little short of 9mm for my S&W Shield. I had just bought the gun on sale and failed to buy a good supply of ammo.

I am good on rifle ammo. My best rifle is a Marlin in 35 Remington (perfectly scoped) with the new current 200 gr FTX ammo. It hits hard.

·
Registered
21,495 Posts
All the wax bullets I am familiar with are similar to wad cutter loading in shell, Those look to be a shotshell to me. I had some # 9 shot for barn rats and we could not hear them rattle. My vote goes for shotshell.

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Pull one down, and look at what's inside...

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
They look like the older Speer shot shell cases made for hand loaders. I have a few lying around myself. The newer versions are a blue transparent case. Shot Capsule

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts