Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the highest price anyone has paid for a box of 50? Lowest? My gun range is charging $70 for a box. Have to cut down to 5 rounds each trip to practice. OOPS! Forgot to mention what caliber.Interested in 9mm and 38 special.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts

·
Registered
28,348 Posts
A box of 50 of WHAT? Big difference between 9mm and 500 magnum

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Not buying, currently. I’m just going to work off my stock until I’m down to my shtf inventory level. I was buying 9mm at .36/round direct from Federal until I recovered what I gave to my son. I’m well stock on everything else.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Have not had to buy ammo, and in fact, I might sell off a bit at today's prices. I know I have a hundred round bulk pack of Federal aluminum cased 9mm that I got at Walmart last year for $15 that I would part with for $60. My son in laws step dad just got a 686 and can't find 38 specials or 357 magnum, so I set him up with a box of each for $50 total.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
I'll let you know when something shows up on the shelf. In this state ammo can't be sold without a FOID card which makes it next to impossible to buy online.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The most I've paid for fifty 9 MM was 24.99. That was a couple of weeks ago. The most I've paid for .38 special was 18.99 but when I paid that 9 MM was 16.99.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The last case of 9mm I got was $35.65 per box of 50, delivered, including our usurious state sales tax. Compare this to the "too high" case I bought not too many weeks ago for $27.80 per box of 50. I buy these cases when I find the best deal I can find at that point in time, and keep the ammo so my shooting buddies can buy it from me at what I paid. I have more time to hunt and search than they do and I don't mind short term storing it for them.

I have not found any .380 at prices any of us will pay for months. My two shooting buddies have 9mm guns plus .22 and .380. I only have .22 and .380. I still have a half way decent supply of .22 which is good because I see it going for 30 to 40 cents per found, when a year ago it was 4 cents per round, up to 12 cents for CCI mini mags.

We asked the cost of ammo at the indoor range when our group went to shoot this past Sunday. Their 9mm was $44 a box of 50 and their .380 was $66 per box of 50 those prices included the almost 10% sales tax. No one bought any that day. d

For Gramps and me: Our personal stash should be enough to get us through maybe 2 years if we are judicious about how we use it. I've cut way, way back on how much I shoot each time, but still get some good skills practice in. Might have to cut back to using only 5 rounds per session and only going once a month because I really do believe "they" have figured that the way to disarm America is to disappear the ammo for sale.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
Our personal stash should be enough to get us through maybe 2 years if we are judicious about how we use it.
I probably have enough loaded for 10 years and maybe 2 times that in reloadable components. The thousand 223's I sold last week didn't even put a dent in that ammo can...

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
My range sessions always tended to be about 150 center fire rounds. Will probably cut back to 100 per session the first half of the year and if things continue this way, then down to 50. I can suppliment with shooting 22's for a good long time

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I bought a fair amount of factory 9mm and .45ACP in 2018 and '19, so I have at least a 2+ year supply of each at normal usage, plus maybe 2/3rds that much in components. I will cut back some and shoot a lot more .22 in rifles and handguns since I really stocked up after the last "shortage". Cannot believe what some are paying these days. Only components I am short on is a couple of powders that I let get down to the last pound and small rifle match primers that are down to 400. Virtually no supply of ammo or components anywhere I have been.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Today, I paid a staggering (to me anyway) $37.00 inc tax for a box of 25 12-Gauge 00 buckshot shells. :oops: I cried all the way home (and am still whimpering a little), but I felt I had to have some ammo for my two new Mossberg Maverick home defense shotguns. They aren't much good without ammo. :( It was all I could find anywhere in 00 buckshot. I justified it by telling myself that I was supporting the owner of one of my favorite local gun shops through some hard times. :cautious: Still... ouch! :(

·
Registered
28,348 Posts
Near Tallahassee the local gun club has some 9mm made in Alabama for $32/50, no limit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Highest ever I've paid is $40 for a box of 50 .38spc with a 2 box limit. Only reason I did was I had a brass credit with them and wanted to burn it up before any more nonsense happens. Final cost was around $30 per 100.

Fortunately I'm pretty stocked on the rapid fire 9mm and .223/5.56 so not buying now. My rate of fire and appreciation of .38spc is way lower on my S&W and Colt revolvers so it made it easier to spend but still not pleasant :oops:.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I was forced to accept $50 for 50 rounds of 300 Blackout and $45 for 50 rounds of HP 44 magnum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of my CCW students paid $80 for a 50 round box of .380 FMJ a few weeks ago. Another student found 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ for $17. Told her she should have bought more than one box.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts