Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "notify me" e-mail from Midway USA, today saying the 1000 rounds of 9mm was being held for me, at the cost of $379 plus shipping. I recently purchased 500 rounds from them same way for half of that price. Not bad prices at all. Just made me wonder that if they can sell in groups of 500 and 1000, why can't they sell single boxes? I know I should get them whenever I can, but the old "gun stuff only" credit card is getting close to its limit. No problem here.....just something to talk about. I had to pass on them, by the way.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I got a "notify me" e-mail from Midway USA, today saying the 1000 rounds of 9mm was being held for me, at the cost of $379 plus shipping. I recently purchased 500 rounds from them same way for half of that price. Not bad prices at all. Just made me wonder that if they can sell in groups of 500 and 1000, why can't they sell single boxes? I know I should get them whenever I can, but the old "gun stuff only" credit card is getting close to its limit. No problem here.....just something to talk about. I had to pass on them, by the way.
Was that something that you had on back order?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Never mind, I looked at the site and I saw the notify me feature........that's a pretty good idea.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Wow, I don't need it bad enough to pay more than double. I was paying about $180 for 1,000 rounds the last few years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Given what I've seen of prices lately even on basic .22 LR plinking rounds, I'm giving serious consideration to gearing up for handloading.

Reactions: powrguy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its a terrible time to get into reloading. Primers & powder are as rare as ammunition is
Man, between you and Digger, above, I'm getting seriously depressed. I've got a good stock of ammo for my current weapons stacked away, but I want to expand into .357 Magnum revolvers for CCW, and it's looking like it will be a long wait. :(

Thanks for giving me the heads-up.

·
Registered
12,467 Posts
Why can't they sell individual boxes? because that would entail more labor to open the cases as they come from the factory

Reactions: Postofficemike659

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Why can't they sell individual boxes? because that would entail more labor to open the cases as they come from the factory
If you look at their site you will see that they do sell individual boxes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have primers, reloading can be your friend! With the "stuff" I've had on hand for a while, I can reload 9mm for about $0.12 (twelve cents) a round! That works out to $120 per 1000 rds! On the other hand, if you need to buy primers, you're screwed!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Agreed that if you're not already into reloading, it's not the best time. I've had quite a few years to build up my supply of primers and cases, bullets too but bullets are much easier to get than the others....when you have all of the components, it's a nice cozy feeling because you can keep shooting when others are not, because you're not short on ammo. You can just make more.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts