Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
The near-by Hadley Walmart is supposed to be getting a license to sell ammo, again. kfjdrfirii A 30 minute trip across the river, beats a
1 hr. + trip to Vermont!!! But, dinner at the Brewery Restaurant in downtown Bennington, is an enjoyable experience for me and Donna. That plus, 10 boxes of .22's!!!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to run an errand today at Walmart in Crestwood Ill. I was able to find 230gr jhp .45 acp for $35.00 for hundred round value packs. I have been looking for the last 6 months, I finally was there at the right time. I jumped on them and cleared it out. Six boxes. This Walmart only lets you buy six boxes a day. Gotta go back tomorrow for 38 special ammo.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My local Wal-Mart had Federal 550 pack .22's for $15.97 and I think that's the lest expensive .22's I've seen in recent years.

They also had Federal 9mm for $9.97, .40 for $13.97, and .45 for around $16.97 (iirc).

Federal 12 guage target trap loads were $22.97 for 100. These are great prices, even compared to 3-5 years ago.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
I don't know what happened to the Hadley WALMART. First, they stopped selling guns......then , a year later, ammo. The guy obviously was wrong.....they still don't sell it!!! :x

Looks like I still have to drive up to the Vermont WALMART to get ammo, afterall. :roll: But, it's a nice drive ...thru beautiful country.
(I take the long way, thru the center of Berkshires, heading in that general direction.)

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
We have no issues with ammo shortages up here in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
The Walmart is short as usual - It seems to be a Walmart problem (or policy) more than anything else. All of the Sporting good shops have pretty much gotten back close to normal supplies. They are a little short on qtys, but they have some qty's of just about everything.

The only shortages up here are for primers and Powder. Powder is pretty much at a 1 Lb limit per day. the one shop that seems to have all the powder keeps a close on on who is buying what. They just want to make sure it is there for everybody. So far I've never heard of anybody having a problem with it either.

We all accept their are shortages and seem to balance the desire to get what we want with what we really need.
The banks up here are tighter than the Sporting Goods Stores with the products they are supposed to have available - go figure. They have all the money and won't let go of it either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In regard to the Walmart ammo situation getting better, I suppose there is only so many garages out there for the ammo hoarders to store their stash. The unemployment reality and the fear of unemployment is also a factor.
The 45 ACP prices from Wallyworld are creeping up to the point that there is not that much difference between the above and some gun store prices that do not reflect any attitude of overcharging. My favorite gun store and wally is only about $1.50 difference. The same holds true for 40 and 9MM. Said gun store does not have the spotty supply situation that Walmart has.
At any rate, 22 cal. firearm sales have increased dramatically causing a 70% increase in sales for Ruger compared to the same quarter last year.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Well, after some searching around at Walmarts in the area, I have found that I can still get ammo in
Westfield (8 mi.) and Ware (25 mi.).... and best of all.....the prices haven't changed.

I will continue to buy all my ammo there.......because they save me money!!!! ;) The local gunshop charges, at least, $2 more .....for 100 rds of CCI Mini-Mag .22's, or Winchester Super X .22's. Centerfire is much higher. :roll:

Tim, the owner and a friend, knows that he will continue getting my business for used gun sales.......even though I don't buy much anymore. I have bought about 1/2 of all my guns there!!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
I was glad to see plenty of quality CCI Mini-Mags and Winchester SUPER X in the 100 rd. box at local WALMARTs. I don't use the "Value Packs" of cheap ammo anymore. (Just sick of missfires,FTF, FTE from my semi-auto's.) I like to shoot and practice defensive shooting at the range at Northampton, during the week, when nobody else is there. I usually practice with my .22 semi-autos,
M-17, and Mk.I. I reserve my .38's for the serious stuff. Bob

I remember that WALMART usually restocks it's shelves with all ammo in April or May. They probably sell alot of the .22 ammo.....so they got more in. Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.