Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the fake sword and jerky show today. After paying the ransom to park and enter, I stopped at a private dealers table.

Sandwiched in between the Charter Arms CIA 38 and Taurus model 66, was a S&W 3" 66-2. The seller wanted $380 for it. Getting my wallet out was the fastest draw I've ever made!!

ALWAYS peruse the "junk" tables. There may be treasure among the trash. Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SaxonPig - Yes, it is post P&R.

The 3" 66 was produced infrequently, and in the 66-2, 66-3, 66-4, and 66-5 batches. IIRC there was a 3.25" 66-6 with a high vis sight as well.

The 66-2, and 66-3 appear to be the most numerous. Ashland Shooters suppply had 5000 3" 66-2's made. Mine is from that batch.

The California Narcotics agency had an unknown number of 3" 66-2 and 66-3 made as well.

RSR and Lew Horton had small batches of 3" 66-4's and 3" 66-5's made in the mid and late 1990's too.

While not exactly rare, I would say they are scarce. Probably because those that own them won't let them go. Perhaps the perfect carry revolver. A full length ejector rod, and great balance being a couple of it's attributes.

Sorry fellas, no pic at this time. Herself had a better divorce lawyer and got the cameras. Regards 18DAI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.