In one end of my shop I have a 8 foot long water through that I'm using to brood some baby Pekin Ducks. Next to it is a commercial chick brooder with twenty Road Island Red chicks. I had just replaced the wood chips in the duck brooder (nasty nasty birds) and hung the heat lamp back in place, when I was called in to dinner. When I returned, the entire shop was filled with dense smoke, and fire was blazing from the end where the lamp was. Evidently, I didn't secure the clamp on the heat lamp and it fell on to the wood chips. A few minutes later, and the entire place could have gone up.Fortunately, everyone survived, which is a miracle, considering the amount of smoke. Lesson learned for sure !