Smith And Wesson Forums banner

All loaded up, range closed.

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  ussmanlovede36 
#1 ·
Covid-19 shuts down our indoor range just when I've loaded up some new-to-me Acme 148 grain button nosed wad cutters to test out. Dangit.

Ammunition Bullet Metal Gun accessory Tool accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
That is a BUMMER!!!

I was at the range Monday but I planned a trip with the wife on this coming Tuesday but .. I am going to call ahead and see if they are still open for business. I really hope so. I can just go shoot in the desert but .. I have been using the same indoor range for some 3-4 years and got to know and like the people who work there and would hate to see them out of work. Might be a bummer for me if I dont get to use my favorite indoor range but .. doesnt compare to people being without a check!!

but

I can commiserate with ya. Wanting to try new loads or new guns and then finding your favorite haunt closed :(

#5 ·
The local Fish and Game just announced that all it's facilities will be closed till the end of the month. I'll have to go to the range on the state game lands for rifle work. The pistol club is still open though.

John

#9 ·
Hey RFD,

Dang. That's terrible.

Later, Mark

#10 ·
I am fortunate in that I like to social distance anyway, and my range is supervised by its members. No NAZI rangemaster on site. An electronic key opens the gate and in you go. Rule there is that if there are three or more people using a particular range, one person must act as rangemaster. That happens infrequently. I only use it for load testing and sighting in, and I’ve learned over the course of 30 years when to not go there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.