Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, that's what I did, I put an AimPoint Micro H-2 Red Dot Sight w/Standard Mount, 2 MOA on my 327 TRR8

I'd like to be able to set the sight for lower 1/3 cowitness. I called Optics Planet and he showed me a mount, but I am not sure if he understood that I want it for a revolver, even though i stated that it was for a revolver.

Is there a mount that will position this sight for lower 1/3 witness?

TRR8 01.18.2019.0635.0001.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What there be any benefit to raising the red-dot sight so the open sights are visible? Would this allow the eye to acquire the red-dot?

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
Those revolvers look good with the optics. Have been considering but have no knowledge of type of rail mount or decent red dot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mounted an Eotech to my TR8 and although it "looks" gawdy..it is an absolute joy to shoot and I can't miss with the gun. I doubt you will find a mount that is lower than the stock S&W unit.

I understand, thank you.

That is a nice sight picture.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those revolvers look good with the optics. Have been considering but have no knowledge of type of rail mount or decent red dot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)
My friend has a bias against revolvers, as do many people. Thank you for your observation.

I have an Aimpoint red dot. If the gun can have a Pcatinny rail installed, you can install a red-dot. That is the extent of my knowledge at this point

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a few hours at the range today, I am getting better using the red-dot. So, it seems mechanical adjustments would not be beneficial in this case.

I watched a video that touted the benefits of seeing the open sights along with the red-dot. The video was about red-dot and not gun specific so I applied that concept to pistol shooting, now I see that it does not apply to pistols.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
I mounted a Red Scope on my M-17-4. It proved to be very accurate.....just like my shots were guided by a laser. It kind of removed any challenge from my shooting.......so I sold both, to couple of members, several years ago.

I'm back to shooting my current .38 caliber revolvers, 9mm.and .22 pistols, with iron sights. I don't Target Shoot anymore.......I concentrate on self defense type shooting. It doesn't require pinpoint accuracy. I am happy to just hit the target in rapid shooting. 😏 Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts