Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going thru some gun stuff I had stored away and discovered aan Aim Point 2000 scope. Probably one of the first if not the very first Red Dot Scopes offered to the buying public. Discontinued in 1989 according to the web site. I'm thinking maybe on my AR-15? I know this is very obsolete by todays standards...should I mess with it?

·
Registered
30,089 Posts
That should do it for you. Please let us know how things go.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I have one... they were considered "state of the art" back in it's day, the mother of all red dots.

I've had it for over 30 years and it's still going strong, mine is now on my Ruger PCC9, it should work well on an AR as they were widely used on that platform when they came out... buy a new battery and enjoy.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I hunt those down at flea markets, gun shows and such. For certain models, batteries can be a challenge to find, but they are out there (Amazon). I have one on an elderly Ruger 44 Carbine, it works and has brought deer to my table...

I have an Aimpoint Electronic, 2000 and a G2, those definitely qualify as "vintage"...

Aimpoint's website has some info on their discontinued

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the Aimpoint web site my red dot takes a DL2/3A or a CR-1/3N both nowhere to be found under those numbers. These are lithium batteries. Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
According to the Aimpoint web site my red dot takes a DL2/3A or a CR-1/3N both nowhere to be found under those numbers. These are lithium batteries. Any ideas will be appreciated.
I use Eveready Energizer #2L76, it's the equivalent of the Duracell CR-1/3N. The Eveready is easier to find, I get them at Walmart and Walgreen's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts