Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an old house from my mum here in Norway and found a revolver. Think it is after my dad,
who passed away in 2013. Its a S&W special CTG
Nr. V 503767.
Any idea of age?
Its not registrated and I think its from WW 2..
Also found 3 rifles.BRNO, MAUSER and BERETTA
Im most interested in the revolver.

·
Registered
12,490 Posts
The V indicates a Victory model from WWII made for the British. Are you sure it is a 38Special and not a 38 S&W? Those are two different cartridges and the British used the 38S&W

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Standard Catalogue of S&W 3rd Edition states ".38/200 and .38 Special Victory Models were made from 1942-1945 with serial numbers V1-V811119."

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
If it's a US versioned Victory, it would be a .38 Special. Probably from around 1943.
It predates model numbers and is usually called a Victory model

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
18,612 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! It's a US .38 Special Victory model, as Del says. Also, the Fiocchi cartridges are clearly .38 Special. S&W made almost 2 million of the US and British revolvers during WWII. And, we dropped many to partisan units in various countries. Was your father a partisan by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! It's a US .38 Special Victory model, as Del says. Also, the Fiocchi cartridges are clearly .38 Special. S&W made almost 2 million of the US and British revolvers during WWII. And, we dropped many to partisan units in various countries. Was your father a partisan by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, my father was not a partisan but he did a "lot of hell" with the Germans. This generation doesn't talk too much. Got some stories from him.....😊
The V indicates a Victory model from WWII made for the British. Are you sure it is a 38Special and not a 38 S&W? Those are two different cartridges and the British used the 38S&W
I dont know anout anu models.
This one has this inprint...as you see...

·
Registered
22,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Would be interesting to hear more about the history of the gun regarding your dad. Something to enjoy and pass on. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. That is a great old revolver to inherit. Should be an excellent shooter. If you can would really like to see the rifles too as many of us like the older rifles that have survived the years. Those are a great part of the world history.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts