Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be honest, the S&W semi-autos of my local hometown were in use well into my high school years, so maybe I just got tired of seeing these as a kid. Maybe it's just been luck, because at one time or another I have owned some absolutely absurd guns just because it was a great trade or deal or what-have-you (a nice original J.C. Higgins bolt 16 gauge comes to mind in that category) - but for whatever reason I've never owned a Smith semi until a few weeks ago.

Last day of a show locally I was looking over a table one more time and noticed a pistol that hadn't been out earlier - long story short, it was a gent estate selling a big collection, so on and so forth. Maybe it was because I was just watching Reservoir Dogs the other day (different models entirely, but not the point) - maybe I just feel old thinking about how long ago they made my hometown cops switch to Glocks!

For whatever reason, the following came home that day:

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Starting pistol

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

She's got some scuffs that neither Ren-wax nor Flitz will take away, but it's an absolutely rock solid piece that somehow manages to weigh like a boat anchor reminiscent of 90s Rugers IMO, yet still feel comfortable - especially for this one in .45 acp. Also, can't get a good bore pic to save my life, but absolutely mirror-like still internally.

I'm thinking I'll keep this one a while. 馃榿

Registered
Looks great to me. I started out with a few semi autos in 2012-2014, but towards the end of that time period, I rediscovered revolvers. My dad had revolvers and I had seen them as old fashioned and past their prime. After carrying a Shield for a couple years, I got a J frame, discovered pocket carry and never looked back. Have not bought a semi auto in years, but I would be extremely tempted if I ran into one of those.

Registered
S&W are my favorite double action revolvers but I really don't care for their autos, with the exception of the 41 and 52. Being weaned on a 1911 I'm a single action auto sort of guy. I do have a few striker fired and double action autos but none of then are S&W, their double stack guns just never felt right in my hand. After awhile their numbering system for them just got too complicated for me, maybe I'm just not that bright, lol...

Registered
I'll be honest, the S&W semi-autos of my local hometown were in use well into my high school years, so maybe I just got tired of seeing these as a kid. Maybe it's just been luck, because at one time or another I have owned some absolutely absurd guns just because it was a great trade or deal or what-have-you (a nice original J.C. Higgins bolt 16 gauge comes to mind in that category) - but for whatever reason I've never owned a Smith semi until a few weeks ago.

Last day of a show locally I was looking over a table one more time and noticed a pistol that hadn't been out earlier - long story short, it was a gent estate selling a big collection, so on and so forth. Maybe it was because I was just watching Reservoir Dogs the other day (different models entirely, but not the point) - maybe I just feel old thinking about how long ago they made my hometown cops switch to Glocks!

For whatever reason, for $525 the following came home that day:

View attachment 587995
View attachment 587996
View attachment 587997
View attachment 587998

She's got some scuffs that neither Ren-wax nor Flitz will take away, but it's an absolutely rock solid piece that somehow manages to weigh like a boat anchor reminiscent of 90s Ruger Semi automatic pistol IMO, yet still feel comfortable - especially for this one in .45 acp. Also, can't get a good bore pic to save my life, but absolutely mirror-like still internally.

I'm thinking I'll keep this one a while. 馃榿
Really nice semi! Congrats!

Registered
Very nice! Congrats on adding that little beauty to your collection.

Reactions: YouveHadYour6
1 - 13 of 13 Posts