Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anticipating the arrival of the new EZ 9mm, I did some research for various accessories like some larger capacity magazines or other goodies that might be of interest specific to the EZ and found...not much. And, perhaps the gun is too new to the market for much to buy in the after market arena at this point?

Pretty much all I found was Alien Holsters for the EZ which are great, but thought I'd see what else besides holsters may be in the offing...

Can anyone guide me to where I might find (if they exist) such critters?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The pistol is really too new to have a bunch of gizmos for it. I wouldn't change a thing on my box stock 9EZ.
Maybe wait until you get it to see if you want to add or change things.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now, about the only thing I'd like to get extra for the EZ is a higher capacity magazine for the range.

Some months back, I watched a video Mr. Guns and Gear did on this pistol and I was impressed.

So, when I finally got around to getting one, I thought by now some after market gizmos would be available, but no, so just the basic gun will do for now.

Not complaining - Many of my guns have zero extras.

I am partial to Red Dot sights though...well Green is my favorite.

·
Registered
790 Posts
only thing i am looking for is better sights.
i want 24 hour sights, not just daytime sights.
Here you are:

Spend around $10 and get a small vial of GlowOn paint to carefully paint over the white dots on your sights. (Figure on 3 coats.) For the white dot sights, I use a flat old fashioned wood toothpick to apply the "dots" of paint. The stick that comes with the little bottle is too big, wide even at the narrow pointed end.

It is super bright in the daylight AND if you make it a habit to lay the gun under a decent desk lamp for an hour or so before you go to bed, or use one of your bright, small flashlights for 5 to 7 minutes, you will have your 24 hour sights.

Honestly, the sights on my Glock 42 that have the GlowOn paint are brighter than the ones on my SIG's that have the SIG night sights! And they stay bright all night long.

It's worth a few bucks to try it. Be sure to follow all the directions exactly including the final coat of clear nail polish after the final coat of GlowOn has dried and cured for at least 24 hours. Then if you are not happy, you can spend over $100 for a set of "real' night sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts