Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ads at the top, ads on the side. So many they crash my poor old iPad. Now you have added ads below the stickies. How much money do you want to stop this.
Cliff

·
Registered
986 Posts
I use Firefox and I don't even notice ads. Does Firefox block them automatically?

All I'm seeing now is the top ads.......they don't bother me.

I guess I should kick in some money anyway.......I get a lot of valuable info here (and entertainment).

·
Premium Member
11,340 Posts
I hate ads. I support this site because it gives me tremendous value; insight into my weapons of choice, info I'd not find anywhere else and photos of guns I will never own. And the members are the nicest I have found on any of my many internet sites. Support to this site is a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I found you alls replies. They were right below the Mazda thread.
Cliff

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
I use Firefox and I don't even notice ads. Does Firefox block them automatically?
Could be it's enabled by default in the current release.

When I installed Firefox a few years ago, I had to go into the Privacy & Security setting in options to turn off tracking and block popups. When you turn on the popup blocker, sometimes you'll need to add in certain websites (like banks) to the exclusion list in order to see the popup window to view a statement.

·
Administrator
524 Posts
Hello there,

You should see less of those if you're logged in.
If you're coming into the site not logged in, you'll notice more of them.

Ed

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I use a ad blocker, but it doesn't work with these ads. For me, it's NOT the ads that appear at the top and sides of the page - that's a normal occurrence. It's the ads that are DISGUISED as actual subject posts that I'm concerned about. They reside with the legitimate posts. They cant be removed, even by a moderator or administrator, they can't be replied to - they just sit there and take up space. I know of three other gun forums, all owned by vBulletin Solutions, that are experiencing the same thing. Won't be long before the gun forums will be nothing more than advertisements. Like TV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts