Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had got these two little Colts on another forum and picked up the Colt Officer Model Target second model today. Made in 1910 and locks up very tight (no movement at all). The grips are later but the bore is shiny and spotless. Did get to the range and shot it and the Ruger Mark III Target. The Colt has sights that are very easy to see and at 109 years old is more accurate than I am. The target was at 15 yards. The other little Colt is a Pocket Positive in a custom box and has Ivory grips and original grips and is from 1902 according to Colt letter. I let Gunsmith keep it so will pick up next week to avoid some paperwork. It is a little rough but all on the surface so should clean up and look good. Also locks up tight and is in 32 S&W Long. First are pics of the Officer Model and then the Pocket Positive.
Upon further investigation, the Officer Model Target is the 38 special on the barrel encased by Iron Crosses that I find are actually Maltese Crosses and signify a very honored medal issued for achievement by the military. Usually stamped on Heavy barrelled 6 inch models.
thumbnail14.jpg
thumbnail12.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail13.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
Old COLT'S are very nice.....but tend to be too expensive for me. S&W's are getting up there too!!! The days of buying a K frame S&W.....or any S&W for under $300, are long gone. Bob

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old COLT'S are very nice.....but tend to be too expensive for me. S&W's are getting up there too!!! The days of buying a K frame S&W.....or any S&W for under $300, are long gone. Bob
Don't give up, they are out there. These were less than 400 each.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Nice looking colts. Congrats on adding them to your collection. Seem to function well from pic of target:D Enjoy!

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
It's much easier for me to buy some Ruger Semi-autos,that were about $300 each. I am very happy with those. I've been threatening to buy a 9 mm. for the past 15 years or so. I finally got a used Ruger LC9s for $300 in new, unfired condition! Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts