Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
We have enough 'supression' in this country as it is. Mostly political in nature...

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I very much enjoy suppressed rimfire shooting. Not having ear protection strapped to the skull nor plugs jammed in ears is quite enjoyable. Of course ya need a place to shoot where others aren't shooting unsuppressed which limits a lot of folks from recreational suppressed shooting.

One of my favorite .22 suppressed shooting is steel at 200/300yds with my Savage FV-SR. Click.... wait... wait... wait... ding. Fun and very relaxing. Also like bouncing around soda cans and shotgun hulls at the Plinking range with my Ruger. Shooting environment really comes alive without hearing protection. So much nicer...

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.13.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.13.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.14.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.18.25 PM.png

Never seen anyone shoot a suppressed rimfire that didn't get an immediate ear-to-ear grin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I understand, it is the same grin I get every day when shooting airsoft for training, and I can do it safely almost anywhere. I get the same joy as I do my firearms, and I do shoot my firearms also, just not as much. I get a certain joy from anywhere from 100 to 500 rounds a day for a couple bucks without giving Uncle Sam 200 bucks, and letting him know that I possess firearms. They banned bump stocks with stroke of a pen, they might ban suppressors with the same pen, don't think they won't inventory your collection while confiscating suppressors. Sorry I like the idea, but I can't justify putting myself on radar when I can already shoot silently.

I do support your decision, just one that I don't want to make. Did I mention I have full auto airsofts also, and can burn thousands of rounds for about 20 bucks.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
I can see the day coming when propellant initiated bullets won't exist anymore nor will the devices to fire them either.. Why my next purchase will be a PCP air rifle in the 30 caliber range. Very quiet, extremely lethal. Of course the 'accessories' are expensive, like scuba tanks and or a compressor capable of developing the pressure needed to charge one. but, once you have the necessary hardware, it's all good and there are no license requirements either.

I think taking large game with an air rifle would be a hoot.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
I can see the day coming when propellant initiated bullets won't exist anymore nor will the devices to fire them either.. Why my next purchase will be a PCP air rifle in the 30 caliber range. Very quiet, extremely lethal. Of course the 'accessories' are expensive, like scuba tanks and or a compressor capable of developing the pressure needed to charge one. but, once you have the necessary hardware, it's all good and there are no license requirements either.

I think taking large game with an air rifle would be a hoot.
Additionally, a suppressor on a PCP air rifle isn't regulated by the BATFE at all. In fact there are no regs for air rifles. Like flamethrowers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I practice with a bow everyday also. Mostly quiet, I could add silencers to the strings but I am not hunting with the bow. While I cannot get off arrows as fast as a semi auto I do pretty good at one arrow per 2 seconds into a small paper plate at ten yards. It might be my imagination but I believe it helps my ability with a firearm.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts