Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It isn't a brake and the only downside is there is no flash hider now. The added 6oz weight on the front of the barrel helps recoil flip to some degree. All that being said I just like the looks of my rifle with it on given the trade offs.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Why? Years ago I had a friend who put 396 numbers on his 6 cylinder Chevy truck! Also, I've been using Fram oil filters for years in all of my vehicles!
Between your comments on another thread and the Fram oil filters, I'd say that speaks volumes about you.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Come on now, let's all remain civil. Enough said!
In as much as you know me personally, I'd say I was very civil. I'm always opinionated as you well know. BTW, how are things going out there?

·
Super Moderator
19,292 Posts
Flip, we're well. We haven't been back up to Michigan since we last met. It's been a long hard summer. We're planning to get up there again in late September or early October.
W're having new windows installed on the home over the next 2 or 3 days. WE're really looking forward to the lower cooling and upcoming heating bills.

·
Super Moderator
19,292 Posts
Oh, these look so much better with real suppressors on them. And shooting with them on is so much quieter.

AERO AR-15 PISTOL_WITH CAN RIGHT.jpg

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Flip, we're well. We haven't been back up to Michigan since we last met. It's been a long hard summer. We're planning to get up there again in late September or early October.
W're having new windows installed on the home over the next 2 or 3 days. WE're really looking forward to the lower cooling and upcoming heating bills.
Stop by of you can. I can get the 460 out and let you play with it....lol Being retarded (I mean retired) I'm always home unless I'm out farming.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Screw on a $1.99 Fram oil filter. Poor mans supressor, just don't get caught. Highly illegal. Only thing a Fram oil filter is good for anyway. As an oil filter, they are garbage.
Yeah, pretty definitive. WIX for me. ;)

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh, these look so much better with real suppressors on them. And shooting with them on is so much quieter.

View attachment 397629
I kinda like the concussion affect from an un suppressed weapon, even wearing ear protection. If I want queit I shoot an airsoft, or pellet rifle, a suppressed AR cannot compare to the sound level of a gun that does not use gunpowder. And I don't have to jump through government hoops, and registration. Not against people who enjoy suppression, just not my thing.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I kinda like the concussion affect from an un suppressed weapon, even wearing ear protection. If I want queit I shoot an airsoft, or pellet rifle, a suppressed AR cannot compare to the sound level of a gun that does not use gunpowder. And I don't have to jump through government hoops, and registration. Not against people who enjoy suppression, just not my thing.
Me too. The 460V is particularly fun. (Also helps drain my sinuses)

For quietude, can't beat Aguila Colibris out of one of my Ladysmiths. pop, pop, pop

1 - 20 of 27 Posts