Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, still haven't shot my gun, but I am close! I got my Order in from Primary Arms and am still waiting for an Optics Planet Order that's been placed 4-5 days ago, they must be backed up?

Swapped Black Stock Handguard for FDE Magpul Handguard, FDE MOE + Grip, FDE Butt Stock, and a Coyote Window Magazine (Don't make FDE mags anymore).

I am awaiting my Angled Fore-Grip and Radien FDE Charging Handle from Optics Planet. Then I still need to install my LaRue Trigger. I can do it I think after watching the Video, but this one will be the hardest one I will have to do. ,

Then after I get that in I will Mount my Romeo5 Red Dot & Juliet3 3X Magnifier Combo and then I will be Ready for the Range. I also Bought a Savior 2 Gun 36" Range Bag that is very nice for the money and will hold everything vs. carrying a heavy hard case and it was $69.
126055583_10223752880280353_3551379450822655678_o.jpg
rb-5512dg-v1-tn-0_7d231f17-6d76-4fab-b0ae-79ec5a7dc86f_1000x.jpg

·
Registered
23,524 Posts
Glad things are coming together. Both the case and range bag you selected should work fine and look great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, just did the FDE conversion to one of mine as well
Like it Brother! You did almost the exact same thing! I was gonna get the Flip-up Sight too, just for LOOKS, but I have the Romeo5/Juliet3 Combo so not sure if I'd use it? My Radien Charging Handle andMagpul Angled Fore-Grip are the last things I am waiting for to install besides my LaRue Trigger and Optics.

Can I sell My Take Off "Stock" Brand New Stock Grip, Butt Stock, and Magpul Handguard (mine was a Magpul Edition M&P S2)? Or does nobody want that stuff?

MAG414_FDE_1.png

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Love the charging handle and I'll have to add that to my list along with the foregrip! I lucked out with the FDE rear flip up. The black one installed on my new gun was faulty and they sent an FDE replacement. Worked out good for me.

·
Super Moderator
32,969 Posts
That is a very nice looking rifle and mods that you have added!

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Like it Brother! You did almost the exact same thing! I was gonna get the Flip-up Sight too, just for LOOKS, but I have the Romeo5/Juliet3 Combo so not sure if I'd use it? My Radien Charging Handle andMagpul Angled Fore-Grip are the last things I am waiting for to install besides my LaRue Trigger and Optics.

Can I sell My Take Off "Stock" Brand New Stock Grip, Butt Stock, and Magpul Handguard (mine was a Magpul Edition M&P S2)? Or does nobody want that stuff?

View attachment 488298 View attachment 488300
Yep, you could sell your take off parts. There is a sub-forum here for that or Ebay, Craigslist, etc

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
.... and am still waiting for an Optics Planet Order that's been placed 4-5 days ago, they must be backed up?
They are backed up. I ordered MBUS sights from them for my AR pistol a few weeks ago and it took almost 2 weeks to get them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just went to Look at My Optics Planet Order placed Nov 12th and AFG2 is in stock but hiding my order until all.are in stock. The Radien Charging Handle Says est. shipping date was November 25th :rolleyes: Screw That.....so I canceled my Order for Charging Handle & Angled Fore-Grip and reordered from JoeBob Outfitters who had both in stock and cheaper.

I get things can be out of stock and I'm easy going, BUT it didn’t SAY Backordered on Website, even today, it says item is In Stock.... But it's Not!:unsure: If I knew on Nov 12th it was actually B/O, I wouldn't have placed an order.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They are the tinker toys of the gun world.........Lots of stuff(and junk) you can hang on one. Does it make it better? That's in the eye's of the beholder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just Finished installing my LaRue MBT Trigger which took 35 minutes going slow. Plus, I never worked on or took apart an AR before so I learned how to do it.. I never shot my stock M&P, so I won’t really know the difference between the stock trigger but I KNOW it's way better, even Sounds Crisp😀🎉🎉😁.

I reordered my Magpul AFG2. I have an M-Lok Carbine Lengtj Handguard and just realized the Angled ForeGrip doesn't attach to the M-Lok directly! It Says it attaches to a Picatinny Rail?

I was going to buy a 5 slot picatinny section to attach to the MLok handguard to attach my AFG2. Then I saw Magpul Sells a ”Specific Attachment” 4.7” Rail that attaches to M-Lok, then the AFG2 attaches to this rail, but rail is not a Picatinny rail, but it slides on the same way and is More Flush to Handguard vs using a Picatinny MLok attachment . Here it is:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I need to Stop With The Mods and go Shoot!!! I just want to get my gun set up how I want it from the start and it should be pretty nice for my 1st AR. DOUBT I’ll buy another one.

I was considering a cheap $25 Bi-Pod for target shooting, but when I add my Angled ForeGrip to underside of Handguard, there won't be enough Real Estate for BOTH.

Ready to test the New Trigger and Zero my Romeo5 Red Dot. One local range let's you shoot FMJ! I bought 1,000 rounds of 9mm & .223 ammo in 2019 when it was cheap. When I bought ammo for my AR15 I was Green and had NO IDEA many ranges do not ALLOW FMJ? If I had known I would have gotten other ammo. There is a cool outdoor range and it's nice to be shooting outside in the fresh air, but No FMJ Allowed there and they make you unload magazines to check your ammo.

Thanks Everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts