Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I had my L hip replaced and have been fortunate to have a great support network of friends since family not close by. Anyway, One of my good friends Tim( he shoots with use at the pit), offered to stay and assist me as needed for a couple of weeks. Was blown away by the offer. As a thank you, and since I cannot afford to pay him, I decided to let Tim choose between 2 revolvers.....It's the least I can do. Here are His choices....

Ruger SP101 .357
Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory Trigger Metal

Or...

Model 64-8 .38spl
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

I told Tim that I insisted that he had to choose one as a Thanks for everything he did. It will be interesting to see which he will choose. I'm thinking it will be the SP101....we shall see. Anyway will keep you all informed about Tim's final choice.

·
Registered
30,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a difficult choice. What a nice way to show your appreciation
Thanks. Thought it was the least I could do for the assistance.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey Curt,

Wow!

That is FANTASTIC!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
30,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,
Update on the "Thank You" gift for my friend Tim. Today I presented him with the case and said " Pick One".
Revolver Trigger Tool Air gun Gas

Tim immediately went for the 64-8. He said he liked the look and feel of the 64 and that it would fit his needs. I think I also have a somewhat decent holster to provide.

Vision care Beard Finger Cool Eyewear

I believe he is happy with his choice and may he enjoy it for many years to come.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
What a great gesture on both of you. Him for helping and you for acknowledging that support.

That would be a difficult choice. What a nice way to show your appreciation
Not a tough choice for me! S&W trumps the other one every time.

Kevin

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Well done mate, when are you going for the other one? I’ll clear my calendar......:) kudos to you.

Thewelshm

·
Super Moderator
35,619 Posts
That is great! I agree with the choice made. Although I love the .357 as the dual caliber I would like the extra round and the longer barrel, now if the Ruger was a 3" inch it would be a tougher choice. BTW I love the finger off of the trigger discipline in the picture.

·
Registered
30,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is great! I agree with the choice made. Although I love the .357 as the dual caliber I would like the extra round and the longer barrel, now if the Ruger was a 3" inch it would be a tougher choice. BTW I love the finger off of the trigger discipline in the picture.
I commented on Tim's finger placement as well. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts