Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've shot all sorts of stuff with this revolver. Once, I even suited up in beekeepers gear to clear out a huge basketball-sized hornets nest that had gotten established in the old barn behind our place. I didn't want to damage the roof or siding with a "real" shotgun! I also borrowed a neighbor's Single Six so that I would have 12 shots at my disposal. I was attacked so fiercely after the first shot, that I don't remember any of the others - just that both guns were empty and the big paper nest was no more.

I'm a really big fan of the .22 mag revolver for point-blank rattler extermination. IMO, the fine shot loaded in the little CCI/Speer .22WMR shotshells are more destructive at close range to the head of a dangerous snake than the #9s they load in the .38 Sp. shotshells and even the .44 mag. shotshells! I've had to shoot rattlers more than once with .44 shot cartridges - not so with the .22 mag.

xtm

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That one is a real pristine beauty.! If I turned mine over, you would see areas where the plating is worn off and a few spots of rust bubbling up under the nickel. :(

xtm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.