Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
BH, I just sold my first S&W, a 4" M-10-8 that I had for a number of years. I had slicked up the trigger, had it D&T'd, and mounted a Red Dot on it, because I was thinking of joining the Westfield Sportsman's Club. (That's the club where a kid killed himself, accidentily, with an UZI.) Anyway....i don't miss it one bit!!!! ;) (I've got better ones. ;) )

I decided to stick with the Northampton Club, where I belong, (But not as an active target shooter.) because I can do my casual gun shooting, as I please, with no problem. Some of the other clubs in my area are active participants in area competitions against each other. If you join....you are obligated to shoot the competitions, and being competitive ain't cheap!!! :roll: You're expected to hold up your end......so to speak! :roll: I'm not interested in that sort of thing.Too rich for my blood!!!

Anyway, I didn't shoot the gun much, at all. (I shoot my M-17 .22 and some .22 rifles, a lot.) Got a fair price from Tim, the local gun guy. It paid for my recent purchase of a 1951 J.C. Higgins (Sears & Roebuck) M-50 commercial (not military) Mauser made by FN in Belgium, in .30-06. The type of hunting rifle that I have wanted, since I got into guns, 35 years ago. It shoots nice, with a modern stock.....not one of those military 2x4 stocks! (That kick like a mule! :roll: )

I don't miss the M-10 one bit, because it allowed me to reach a longtime goal. I'm more into defensive carry, snubby revolvers, these days. (M-10, 36, 66) ;) Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
We all do it, it's not worth bashing yourself over believe me I know! I've got 3 S&W's that I really regret getting rid of.
First a mint 1962 4" model 28.
Second a first year production model 66 4" with the SS sights, NIB with all the goodies!
Lastly a newer 686 snub that I had bead blasted and action tuned.
I look back and wonder what the hell I was thinking?? Oh well onto others, but trust me you're not alone.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I gave a beautiful model 63 4" and a model 38 nickel to a now former brother in law. I'll never see them again. Live and learn and enjoy the ones you didn't part with.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Two that I should have kept: (1) Ruger Blackhawk 44 Magnum with a 10 inch barrel, bought in 58 or 59. The 2nd, A (DWM) Luger Artillery Model with an 8 inch barrel, along with a sporting carbine stock, not a military carbine stock. Both turned out to be classics and had collecter interest, which would have sold for many times over the purchase price. The Luger with carbine stock attached allowed for some fun plinking at long range targets. Both guns were sold to provide funds for the purchase of a 4-screw model 29, and a 4-screw model 27, both with 8 and 3/8" barrels; the S&W's were both NIB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts