Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
His description says no dash 57 but obviously it isn't. Problem is he will likely get close to a grand for it. Still 3 more days to go.

G

·
0 Posts
Unreal....

My last Model 58 I purchase was a early nickel, new, and unfired with the box and tools...I paid 625 bucks for it. ;) Sold it a month later for a grand and thought I did very well. That was a little more then a year ago....I wonder what it would bring today... :ymdevil:

giz

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Another one I just don't get. Why someone would think its worth that or even close.

The last 58 I bought was $350 and I then sold it to my neighbor to be "chopped and channeled" into a 4" round butt 44 mag.

The only logical choice since the 41 is a boring round..... (Just a dig at Giz..... :ymdevil: )

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
From watching bids go on it seems like some times one or two guys will start upping the bids in big jumps days before the bid ends. Then they seem to lose interest in the gun itself and just try to outbid each other.Like two drunks in a fist fight for no other reason except to see who can win the fight.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think in that condition and for that price, I just might be able to pass it up. I do like the Mod. 58 but it isn't one of my must haves at this time, especially at that price. If I never get another one I'll console myself with others I really have to have. :mrgreen:
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
That price would be high even here in California... wow.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi
The seller does not say whether or not it is an S-Serial Number Series 58. The sideplate also has some Major Deep scratch's and the Picture is so Lousy you can't really see if it has barrel Burn or not. I Guess some people have Far more Money then Brains as that one sure appears to be shooter grade to me, and should have a shooter grade Price on it as well...The Only rare thing I see about it is the seller thinks it is Worth Double of what it should be bringing.. #-o Hammerdown

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I'm simply horrified :cry: that there is an overpriced gun on an auction sight. :x ...lol.
I'll be honest and say, I wish I were the seller getting big bucks for nothing. :D
People overpaying for guns gets as old as talking about the lock. :lol: Must we have to hear about this all the time :?:
I have overpaid for guns before, I must be the only one. :roll:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There is a decent, albeit refinished in matte, model 58 on GunBroker right now...bidding starts at $525 with no bids...not mine, nor am
I interested in it, already having a 58 myself. (auction #121779587).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I recently sold a model 58 for $1100, but it was mint and in the original box. It sold quickly at the first gun show I took it to.

A grand is awfully high for a shooter grade 58.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gizamo said:
Unreal....

My last Model 58 I purchase was a early nickel, new, and unfired with the box and tools...I paid 625 bucks for it. ;) Sold it a month later for a grand and thought I did very well. That was a little more then a year ago....I wonder what it would bring today... :ymdevil:

giz
I bet you could get $1250 out of it today. Guns are the best saving account you can get :mrgreen: .

G

·
0 Posts
John,

You have that right on the investment grade guns. What bank would give you 25% interest on your money right now!!! ;)

giz

·
Registered
415 Posts
Me either, I put a pristine SAA Colt(complete with docs and box)on one of the auction site, a while back and only got one low bid? Some guys have all the luck.
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts