Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 2 pistols: (1) A.S.M. "black powder only" .31 caliber sn#(D38515) made in Italy
and the North American Arms cap & ball "Companion edition" w/optional rubber grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Interesting guns never seen by me before. How do you load them? I'm used to front loaders with ram rods or loading levers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Interesting guns never seen by me before. How do you load them? I'm used to front loaders with ram rods or loading levers.
This is for the 5 shot NAA "Companion"
Start with: Eject the 5 shot cylinder (easy press spring loaded rod) - place up right and pour blk pwd into shot hole (comes with scoop that is pre-measured)
compress lead into clyinder (comes with that tool) place #10 caps on nibles and your ready!.....like most blk pwd guns good to place a little grease atop the shots
before firing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The nipple are kinda behind a shroud. What calibre is it? It's an interesting nice pocket gun. View attachment 132089 This is what I'm used to a brass framed 44
The first pic above with the crimped cap is the A.S.M. .31 caliber (blk pwd made in Italy) it's a single shot ..I've never fired it!.....belonged to my late relative.
The 3rd, 4th and 5th picture is the North America arms; cap & ball "companion edition"....this i've fired!..................the brass framed .44 is a beauty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts