Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is not how many bullets do you have in a crisis but how many loaded magazines do you have? 1500 rounds with 2 magazines of 7 rounds each is worthless.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I keep the AR locked up, but its right in the front with a loaded 30 round magazine next to it....and what's really important is that I always have a loaded J frame with me. If it isn't with you, it might not do any good. Shield with 8 round mags is loaded as is the Sd9VE with 17 rounds, and so is the LCP, stashed in the kitchen

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I won’t say how many magazines or rounds I have but I pity the poor wretch that breaks in to steal my toilet paper!

·
Super Moderator
31,428 Posts
It can vary here with what we last shot the most, whether revolver or semi on pistols. Currently:

3 loaded 6 shot .38 Special revolvers.
Mossberg 590 with 9 rounds which is always loaded.
5 shot Taurus .45 LC snub nose.
Both AR here have a loaded 20 round magazine.

72 rounds total currently.

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
I have two 5 gallon buckets of ammo, 45 ACP on Moon Clips for the 625 and 8 round moon clips with 357 mag for the 627. Then there is the array of rifles and shotguns (the M1 Garand has two ammo boxes of clips ready to go and there are 5 pump shotguns around with #4 Buckshot. That will be a start. I think Mark has me beat on the ammo buckets though.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
The question is not how many bullets do you have in a crisis but how many loaded magazines do you have? 1500 rounds with 2 magazines of 7 rounds each is worthless.
No, it isn't..................at least compared to those who have MAYBE a sharp stick

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
9mm Shield two 8 rd , M&P 9 one 17 rd may load another . If loaded all mags , cylinders and tubes 158 rounds. I feel secure at home but outside need to be armed and alert , never know someone may flip their lid or try to rob you

·
Premium Member
11,325 Posts
I have 911 on speed dial.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I’ll just say that I have enough to get more. I have always held that a person should Keep a variation of his countries military small arms in his/her home. If something bad happens, there will be lots of materiel around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts