Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23,452 Posts
You can edit stuff out very easily. I'm now a registered member of the Texas forum. The have a user selectable 'bad word' action where you can blank out anything that isn't suitable for virgin eyes.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
sg,

Why should the very sensitive be catered too on an adult (firearms) forum.

Most posters on firearms forums are adults who on occasion use 'salty language' to emphasize their point, whatever it may happen to be...

Insisting, all posters must cater to the standards of 'family friendly' (meaning, anything that would 'offend' must be dumbed down to 'namby pamby' standards) is nonsense.

Want 'family friendly'?

Go to the 'cartoon channel', but firearms forums are for adults, not children.

There are a lot of 'special interest groups made up of just a few' who think they have to be catered too, while the majority must remain verbally hobbled in deference to their whims...

Bah-loney!

·
Registered
23,452 Posts
You seem to be the one sensitive to the family friendly aspect of this forum. And I guess it’s OK to cater to your use of profanity. It just seems strange to complain about a forum that you voluntarily participate in.
The old sayin... 'When in Rome do as the Romans do. applies here. I abide by the PG13 mandate but do I like it, certainly not.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Ok, karens, we, of the grown-up class hear you - we must OBEY your girly sensitivities.

I'm going to guess (could be wrong) few of you have ever been in the military or ever been in a boxing
ring, or a fist fight, but are the first to call 'the manager' when out and about, if you didn't get enough fries or though they are refusing to obey my commands...this milkshade isn't chocolaty enough and didn't get to me fast enough...

Manager, Manager where is the Manager?

I AM offended!

Weenies of the karen class unite and be offended about...anything, you disapprove of.

The rest of us adults laugh and laugh and laugh at your tiny foot stomping demands...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I’m an adult also but, I don’t appreciate any post laced with profanity. I guess that some might think that’s prudish considering today’s norms. I was brought up in a home where any thing resembling foul language was forbidden. It is amazing to me to hear the “F bomb” used by so many in casual conversation. Times certainly have changed. Just because you can doesn’t mean that you should does it? Guess I’m getting too old to appreciate the new civility of today’s society.

·
Super Moderator
15,785 Posts
Our forum rules require that all language be correct for any age to read, and that includes content in images.

If you see someone breaking forum rules, report it to the moderators. Profanity is not acceptable here.

Our community standards are higher because our forum culture is more mature and friendly than elsewhere on the Internet. Those that don't like this have plenty of other choices and places to go.

·
Registered
23,452 Posts
Actually, it has more to do with VS's censorship (PG13) with an adult forum that forum standards. No kids on here, never has been. You have to be 18 to purchase a firearm, in some jurisdictions 21. I don't consider that to be a child.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Seems double entendres are now verboten. 😬

Reactions: SidecarFlip

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
My daughter has never registered or posted on this forum or the other S&W forum but she is very in to revolvers and shooting. I refer to posts here and she often checks them out. Yes she is an adult but I still appreciate the fact that she can browse the site without finding anything “awkward “. I have an uncle that is a minister and I have no trouble using appropriate language when speaking with him or his family just like I have no trouble using some profanity when hanging out with friends. I consider it part of being an adult. Since I am here for the gun content I sure don’t feel censored in any way. It’s also why I don’t click on any topics concerning politics. Not why I’m here.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ok, karens, we, of the grown-up class hear you - we must OBEY your girly sensitivities.

I'm going to guess (could be wrong) few of you have ever been in the military or ever been in a boxing
ring, or a fist fight, but are the first to call 'the manager' when out and about, if you didn't get enough fries or though they are refusing to obey my commands...this milkshade isn't chocolaty enough and didn't get to me fast enough...

Manager, Manager where is the Manager?

I AM offended!

Weenies of the karen class unite and be offended about...anything, you disapprove of.

The rest of us adults laugh and laugh and laugh at your tiny foot stomping demands...
yup, I was in the service, that’s where I learned to follow the rules and when I was young and dumb I would fight at the drop of the hat, won some and lost some. I cuss like a drunken sailor. But there’s a time and a place for everything. Moral of the story: if ya don’t like the rules nobody’s making you stay here. Most of us were here when you got here and will still be here when you’re gone. And the name calling, just childish.

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
For the record, I've had enough of the name calling and insults, along with the constant bitching and whining of a member here. It's obvious he doesn't take kindly to public civility, and with such I have let him go so he can carry on elsewhere to his heart's desire.
A 2 week temporary halt might help here.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
21 - 39 of 39 Posts