Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I stated the current market is certainly lower.

I have seen it in person with S&W revolvers. As it is, you have a great opportunity to buy the best gun that you always wanted. I say buy now with your extra cash.

I also buy as a hobby.

The 27-1 is really rare,
The 27-0 is good.
The pre-27 is not as rare, but the good ones are expensive.
.The Sxxx 27-2 are good,
You must have missed this thread
Have Found & Purchased the Holy Grail.....

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,242 Posts
I say no. I just posted my 5 X 3 1/2" lettered guns. I have several more which are all P&R.

I bought early and kept my collection. I never sold.

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
16,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I say no. I just posted my 5 X 3 1/2" lettered guns. I have several more which are all P&R.

I bought early and kept my collection. I never sold.
I got my first S&W revolver in 2013. Curt360 was about a year later. We both have said that we wished we had started buying revolvers sooner. We missed the late 1990's through the late 2000's when everyone was dumping revolvers to move to semi Auto's. The only revolver I have sold was a not so great model of 1905 M&P. Funds went towards A minty model 36 with box

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Just saying: The Model 36 Chiefs Special J-frame is all over to value. I saw one 5-sreew with box go for $1200. I saw one not sold at $700.

It's a good time to hold and fire them. I consider these as personal defensive weapons. Heck, what is the value of a gun that protects you and your family?

·
Registered
16,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just saying: The Model 36 Chiefs Special J-frame is all over to value. I saw one 5-sreew with box go for $1200. I saw one not sold at $700.

It's a good time to hold and fire them. I consider these as personal defensive weapons. Heck, what is the value of a gun that protects you and your family?
Here is the model 36 I got a few months ago. It came w the box, manual & cleaning rod. Its my nicest gun but I have shot it. I got a pretty good deal for it. Traded an LCP that I bought new for $205, the model of 1905 with originality issues and some silver purchased for $7.50/oz less than what the shop gave me
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Bicycle part Automotive exhaust Nickel Wind instrument Brass instrument
Revolver Rectangle Air gun Bullet Office equipment

I have other J frames to carry

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Jonesy,
Heck, I thought we were taking about the N-frame Model 27? Your Model 36 is a J-frame? It can't handle a .357 load as the fabulous Model 27?

Not that it isn't a fine-looking revolver, but a guy has to go with a maximum of a .38 Special in a J-frame?

The K-frame or N-frame can fire ,357 Magnums.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Jonesy,
Heck, I thought we were taking about the N-frame Model 27? Your Model 36 is a J-frame? It can't handle a .357 load as the fabulous Model 27?

Not that it isn't a fine-looking revolver, but a guy has to go with a maximum of a .38 Special in a J-frame?

The K-frame or N-frame can fire ,357 Magnums.
Well, I do have a model 60 Pro, 3 inch that shoots magnums, but usually I launch them from a 686 or my Highway Patrolman....and soon to be from my model 27

41 - 47 of 47 Posts