Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take some more photos of my Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum (all this lever action talk in the Armory got me going!). I don't have a good photo of my 1976 S&W 29-2 so I paired them up.

I bought the Marlin used and my dad and I cut the barrel and magazine tube down to 16" and recrowned the muzzle. He also re-cut the dovetail for the front sight and the barrel band's screw. We installed a saddle ring and I refinished the high gloss stock and forearm with Lin-Speed for a satin finish. I also removed the white buttstock spacer. My best friend blueprinted a Winchester John Wayne lever and the Marlin lever. Then he used his CAD-CAM to make a John Wayne big loop Marlin lever. He made four of them. He had them blued to match the Marlin finish by Klein Plating in Erie, PA and he had my initials stamped on the bottom. I had my Marlin engraved with American Scroll by Michael Gouse.

-Steve

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
OHHHH Man....you got me all hot and bothered! I was a little disappointed...... :lol: Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Steve, I never get tired of seeing that marlin, I love it!! kfjdrfirii

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Steve,
You and your dad did a wonderful job! Absolutely beautiful! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Steve,
Nice craftsmanship.
Nice photos.
Nice guns.
Thanks for a great post!
Don
kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
497 Posts
Steve

As usual, great photos of a great pair. Thanks for sharing these.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Now that's a pair to draw to...

Beautiful set of .44s, though it is a bit odd to see a Marlin 94 masquerading as a Winchester 92 SRC, big loop and all...

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Steve: A most impressive display, your photography is top notch. Two really great woods guns. The Marlin is fantastic.

Hank

·
Registered
232 Posts
I normally don't like engraved guns, especially the shotguns with the gold ducks soldered all over them, to me it looks cheap.

The pattern and style of engraving on your Marlin is an exception. I really like the way it was done, as well as your other work.

Thank you for sharing.

rayb

·
Registered
570 Posts
i was thinking this was going to be something about Dolly Parton...
but that engraving on your Marlin more that made up for it...
and great photo skills

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great pics thanks for sharing!!!

That Marlin does look great, congrats on a sharp looking Lever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts