Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite all the insanity of ammo shortages and ammo price gouging there are guns out there to be bought. Most people go for the amazing plastic/steel genre leaving older guns to me!

I mulled over a Model 37 or a Model 49; although not cheap, at $599 each it still wasn’t as bad as ammo prices! On guy walked out carry a 500 round box of WWB White Box 9MM ammo; almost $650 out the door! Ouch. That’s why I’m limiting range visits!

So final answer? I bought the Model 49. I didn’t like the white resin S&W medallioned stocks so I put a pair of older checkered wood factory stocks I have. You choose but I like the wood better!

Here it is; tight lockup, a slight turn line; dry as my sense of humor! I need to do a detailed cleaning; it has a few warts - but as they say: “It’s mine now!” 😉👮‍♀️😉

Enjoy!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Even better than a model 36 or 60 for pocket carry. I still have to get one of those, always looking. That's a very nice one and yes those wood grips are a big improvement.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The white grips remind of when men wore white shoes and blue leisure suits in the seventies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
A classic little gun, i think you got a fair deal. I'm like you, the ammo prices will have to go down before i can buy any more!

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Wood stocks are cool, white stocks are pimpin' (y)

·
Registered
31,533 Posts
Nice little revolver. Congrats on the new addition and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
A new every year?

Even the Democrats are only proposing to limit "you" to one a month!
You have 11 more waiting for 2021....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts