Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this "little" Ruger and pondered for a little bit about getting it. Met the gent and once I held it all vanished. So this Ruger Mark IV followed me home. Fit my hands perfectly and even though tech sheet says is 46+ ounces it does not feel like it. It is a Target model and has a 10" Bull Barrel. He bought the gun late 2019 and never fired it. Now really want to try this Ruger on a long range course and should be opened in October after renovations.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
That's nice!

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Congratulations mate I have the 3, I think yours field strips easier?

Thewelshm

·
Registered
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations mate I have the 3, I think yours field strips easier?

Thewelshm
This one is apart with one push on the button. Based on other responses in the Ruger forum they both should shoot like a dream.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
That is a very nice Ruger. It will be a great shooter I know. My Ruger 22's are the best shooting 22's in my stable. Shoot it often and shoot it a lot. Thanks for sharing,

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The new MK4 Rugers are pretty much the top of the hill when it comes to .22 autoloaders,in my opinion. That long barrel would be very difficult to walk past..

·
Registered
22,743 Posts
Sweet score on that Ruger. I know that you will be keeping us informed on how well it functions for you. Congrats!(y)(y)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Back in the 1950s we used the Ruger target models on our battalion pistol team.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought one of those myself. It was a consolation prize, along with a stainless 10-22 International, that I bought after losing several auctions for older S&W Model 63’s in a row.
Both the Mk IV and the 10-22 were ordered from Buds in April (when they still had guns!) and they cost almost the same combined as the amount of the winning bids were for the Smith .22’s.

53A7A1D9-D2B3-4A16-AA38-399535D64282.jpeg

5C8AA5F6-D7CD-4D0E-B573-07D33217F0AE.jpeg

It’s a great pistol, and a heck of a lot easier to clean properly than my Ruger Stsndard or Mk II Govt. Target is.
Nice pickup!

Stay safe.

·
Registered
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is an excellent target and like the 10-22 with the Mannlicher stocks, Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sweet pistol! I have a MK I I bought in 1966. Many a rabbit has gone down before it. Finish is about gone and I had to replace the recoil spring. Still a great shooter.

·
Super Moderator
32,708 Posts
Nice pair with the Rugers and I am also a fan of the Mannlicher stock for the 10/22, that is the type we have here!

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
First .22 handgun I ever owned was a Ruger Mk. II. Carried it in my pocket at night in the shipyard as a security guard. Just a wonderful pistol in every respect. Later got a Single-Six w/ the extra magnum cylinder. Just about ideal for anything in the woods and fields. Shot the hound out of it. Wish I'd never let them go. Oh well. Hindsight and all that is really true. One day ... hope to again own both. Sincerely. bruce.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts