Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I talked my father-in-law into buying a 640-1 and he loves it.
He told me a few weeks ago that he wanted to sell his model 10-6 since he wasn't using it anymore.
I couldn't let him do it! I knew the story on this one. It was given to him or sold to him right after he was married in the late 60's by a neighbor who was a police officer in New Jersey.
It was "issued" to the police officer during the '67 Newark Riots. Seems they handed out
extra weapons to all police officers during the riots and this one of them.
It was my father-in-law's only handgun for almost 40 years and I wanted to "keep it in the family" so I bought it from him.
It cleaned up well and has the original grips numbered to the gun. Nframe showed me how to take the sideplate off and clean it up well. Here's a couple fo pictures with it's original box. It has the police officers name typed on a small piece of paper taped on one end.
In the 3rd picture it is in a Uncle Mike's holster with a pair of Bubba Joe's belt-sanded-down- to-perfection k-frame targets!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
That is a nice one. Nice to keep in the family as well. Looks like you've got it all duded up to go to the range. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quarter Cherokee said:
That is a nice one. Nice to keep in the family as well. Looks like you've got it all duded up to go to the range. Let us know how it shoots.
Oh, it shoots great!
I like me some heavy barrel M&P's!
I'm now hankering for a 3" 64 or 65 next.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Great story. You also can't go wrong with a 3" 64 or 65.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hey, WFR
A real fine outfit there, and the family history is priceless.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Don
kfjdrfirii

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
That is great!! It nice to have a gun with some provenance to it.

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Nice one! It's great that you can keep it in the family, too! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes, what they said! ihjf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts