Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I havent been on in awhile. I would like your in put on a trade. Ive got a S.W 686 2 1/2 barrel never fired along with 2 boxes of ammo, cleaning kit, nylon holster and cartrige belt. Heres the deal, a guy wants to trade me a desert eagle 41 magnum for it. He said hes only put 200 rounds through it, and will come with 2 boxes of ammo. That would mean ill have to buy a new holster and cleaning kit. He says its in great shape, like new ( Ive not seen it yet ) So Would you trade ? if so why, if not why ?. And finally are desert eagles a good make hand gun ? any troubles with them ? Thanks everyone for your imput.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Most of the comments I've seen on the Desert Eagle are favorable with the exception that it is so dang big! Some models allow caliber exchanges, etc. Folks that own them for the most part really like them but end up getting rid of them after the novelty wears off. If it was me I'd keep the 686. :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would not trade a fine 686 with all the goodies for a Desert Eagle. It's way too big and the grip is way too big. The .41 mag ammo is not as easy to find either.

Just my opinion.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
I agree with the guys above, keep the 686.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ohio Guy,
What is your plan for the Desert Eagle? Shooting or collecting or just wanna play with something different for awhile?
I love my 686 it is a great revolver. It is a 4 " and I have handled the 2 1/2" as well. They are both great shooters. NIB snubbie with a nylon holster will sell for around $650.
A used, like new Desert Eagle will bring in $1,000 easy. 41 mag is a great caliber as well. The Desert Eagle is a great big honkin pistol. It'd be a great range toy to blast up those two boxes of free ammo with.
I would do the deal.

·
Registered
402 Posts
rayb,
That's what I wanna know too, cuz he ain't shot that NIB 686 any at all. If he ain't shooting it then he might as well trade it off is the way I see it.
LUV your sig line by the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts