Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nframe brought his Classic over to visit with my Classics today and of course we had to take a group photo or two!
We didn't have a woodpile to throw them on so my daughter's school desk had to bear the weight of all that S&W steel!
625 610 629 29

The nearly identical twins - 629 over 625 .45 Colt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nframe said:
Jim,

thanks for the fun time. My 629 wants to shoot in your back yard sometime ! :lol:
Chris,
Thanks for helping finish up the reloading bench.
I will fine-tune it this week.

We can shoot in my backyard as soon as you find me another house and get this one sold! :lol:
I doubt that wood fence back there will contain the barrage of lead we'd be sending downrange! Neighbor's might get a wee bit upset about all the noise too!
Sometimes it sucks living in town!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I like the 5" length, but mine are all older models.

Pair of 4th Model Target .44 Specials (Model of 1950). Both shipped in 1955 with 6.5" barrels but were returned as a set to S&W in 1970 where one was cut to 5" and the other had a replacement 5" barrel installed. Smooth triggers were also added at that time.

Pair of 3rd Model .44 Specials (Model of 1926) shipped in 1928 and 1939. Both have been poorly refinished in nickel.

Victory Model .38 Special sent to the Navy in 1942. Original 4" barrel damaged and replaced by a 5" unit.

I just realized that 3 of my 5 S&Ws with 5" barrels started out with other length barrels.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
I have always favored 5" barrels for belt carry. So it is nice to see others also like that barrel length. I know that Skeeter preferred a 5" model 27 in 357 magnum, and some claim it balances better.

Saxon Pig, your collection of 5 inchers are mighty nice and having 3rd model HE's in any finish is laudable, in my estimation.

I'll post a pre-war 5" 38/44 HD, that some have seen before, just to
expand the thread a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.