Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend today. He told me that he has a 29-2 with a 6 inch barrel, no turn line in the cylinder, has the wooden presentation box, factory grips, target hammer, target trigger, white outline rear sight. The blueing is about 99%. All for a sum of $600.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sounds like a great price. Is that just the price to you or does he have it for sale at that price? I only ask because if he knows all the options the gun has and what it is why is it only $600. If he is a friend I understand but if not look it over thoroughly just in case there is something wrong. If you get it we expect pics of course. James

·
Registered
38 Posts
Smith dropped the 6.5 inch barrels towards the end of the 29-2 production and went to 6 inches. The 6 inch barrel 29-2's are more rare than the 6.5 inchers as fewer were made but the 6.5 inchers are more desirable as they were the last of the 6.5 inch guns. Many feel that the astetics and balance of the classic gun was lost when they went to six inches.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The '-2' series went on for about 20 years...
That's a long, long time.
There are tons of 6" M-29-2's out there, primarily 70's and early-80's guns.
Either way, that offering at $ 600 sounds to be a fair price, and I would buy it asap. hpzl;n;
Don

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If you do a little surfing for original wood presentation cases for them you will also find they are not cheap and add to the value of the deal.If the paper work is under the insert and tool kit is there it adds a little also.
Because the dash 2 models were made so long there are so many out there and they dont get the big dollar prices of the earlier versions. But all smith and wessons go up in value over the years and finding a model 29-2 for 600 in exellent condition is not easy to do and adding the wood presentation case makes the deal even better.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
If you do a little surfing for original wood presentation cases for them you will also find they are not cheap and add to the value of the deal
+1
and if you have no intrest in the box, sell it. But, you will be sorry for it down the road. Like you will be sorry for not buying the 29-2 now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.