Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just brought home a pair of Ruger LCP II’s in 22 Long Rifle this afternoon.

We ran a few magazines through each. Trigger pull is about what you’d expect from this type firearm, fairly long initial take-up, then pretty short travel, moderate weight until sear release! In fading light against a dark, rusted can on a dark, damp sand berm.....the sights were difficult to see. First impression with sights is, there is a lot of gap on each side of front sight when lined through the rear. For it’s designed purpose, the sighting is OK....once we put some kind of “high-viz” paint on the sights, dim-light sighting should be dramatically improved! I suspect that the firearm/sights aren’t really for long range precision shooting! I ran about 7- 10 shot magazines through the little pistol, some at a very rapid pace....I managed one mis-feed. Seems the bullet didn’t track properly on the feed ramp, and attempted to enter the barrel a bit high....stopped abruptly at 12:00 on the rear of barrel!

No real complaints.....should make a good, small, lightweight ankle gun! Fun and inexpensive to practice with right out of the front door of the house. memtb

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The wife and I just brought home a pair of Ruger LCP II’s in 22 Long Rifle this afternoon.
I've been waiting for the MA-Compliant version (Ruger Model # 13714) to appear in a shop near me or on the Interwebs. Funny that they added a grip sleeve and raised the price $20 to make it MA-Compliant. No, I can't explain that either. :giggle: So silly.

Our biggest MA shop supposedly got in a few and sold out instantly, but nobody else has seen any so far. It's one of the very few handguns (and only plastic handgun) on my 2021 proposed acquisitions list. (y)

I have the LCP II in .380... but who can afford to shoot it at $1.00/round? :(

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
TTSH, I put us a waiting list at 2 LGS’s, only about 2 weeks ago. Got the call this afternoon!
A couple hours later, they were adopted and brought home! I guess we got lucky with our timing!

The wife ordered the paints right after our first outing with them! Looking forward to trying them in some good light, while we await paints!

We thought we were done buying, except for a revolver I can’t really justify, but these seemed to fill a niche we really didn’t have! Good Luck on getting yours! memtb

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
TTSH, I put us a waiting list at 2 LGS’s, only about 2 weeks ago. Got the call this afternoon!
A couple hours later, they were adopted and brought home! I guess we got lucky with our timing!

The wife ordered the paints right after our first outing with them! Looking forward to trying them in some good light, while we await paints! memtb
Well, I told one dealer... short and sweet... get me one! :giggle: He is pretty good about obtaining hard to find guns, so I hope it isn't too long. Meanwhile, I'm still checking on-line daily. Right now, only Grab-a-Gun has them, but at well over MSRP. :( Nope... gotta do better than that. :giggle:

My free time is very limited these days so going up to see that big dealer I spoke of is not in the cards. That's an all day excursion for me when you include his COVID rules outside wait of 1 to 3 hours. o_O

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
We thought we were done buying, except for a revolver I can’t really justify, but these seemed to fill a niche we really didn’t have! Good Luck on getting yours!
Lord knows I've got plenty of .22 LR pistols, including (in the small category) a Model 61 and a Model 2213. :) But the fact that I own an LCP II in .380 already makes this one a no-brainer. (y) It certainly helps that it is MA-Compliant. I just have to wait for production to catch up with demand. It's not every day that a smallish .22 pistol is added to the MA-Compliant handguns roster. (y)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn’t even check MSRP, seriously doubt that we stole them. I probably shouldn’t look as we payed $349.00 each! memtb

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I didn’t even check MSRP, seriously doubt that we stole them. I probably shouldn’t look as we payed $349.00 each! memtb
That's MSRP for the free states model. Our MA-Compliant model comes in at $369.00 MSRP so you can see they added $20 for the grip sleeve. :rolleyes: That big shop was selling them right at MSRP... $369.00+Tax. I suspect that I'll probably end up paying the same once my dealer gets some in. (y)

·
Banned
696 Posts
I work part time at a shop and we are asked to hunt down "hard to get" guns (or in other words, pretty much any specific gun these days), and I can tell you, I don't think ANY of us in the retail side of the business has as easy a time finding a specific gun/caliber/model in stock and ordering it for a customer as we did a year ago. The time spent searching for that has a value, it is not without a measurable cost. None of our wholesalers have much in stock, what they show is generally higher end stuff that a country store like us just doesn't have a clientele for.

That said; we DID get exactly ONE LCR II in .22lr, and if wholesale (or whatever little markup my boss would add) was a little better, I might have considered owning it, even though I also have a Bobcat and several NAA 22lr capable Minis, and even an old Walther PP in .22 as far as smaller .22s go. That little thing is cute as a tick, especially to hold 10 rounds.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Intriguing. I’d love to take one to the range and put it through it’s paces next to my little Beretta Bobcat.
Well.....if you’re in the neighborhood! Not exactly a gun club range, but we can accommodate from point blank to 300 yards, should be a workout for the little guns🤔 .....Right here at the house! memtb

Reactions: Forester

·
Registered
432 Posts
My itsy bitsy go to pistol is a KelTec P3 in 32 ACP. I have an ankle holster for it but prefer to carry in in either the right front pocket in a pocket holster or upside down in the right rear pocket. It is invisible in either place. The reason for being upside down in the rear pocket is so that it will stay "square" in the pocket and simply hooking the trigger guard with the right index finger pulls it out so that it rotates right into the hand! Fortunately, I have a good supply of 32 ACP ammo made for serious social encounters! Nothing wrong with the little Rugers, I might even buy one myself, just because!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We just picked-up 4 magazines to compliment our little Rugers.....man are they proud of those little magazines! Now to get a couple of cordura mag pouches, and we’re “golden”! :) memtb

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I saw one in a shop yesterday @$319.99. Neat little gun.
Much better price than I ended up paying for my "MA-Compliant" version (Oh Joy, I got a grip sleeve!), but such is life. If you want it bad enough, you'll pay the price. The timing happened to be perfect (I was there already picking up another gun) and that dealer is really good to me. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts