Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Christmas, one of our good young friends from Mexico joined us as he usually does for our Christmas (and other family) celebration dinner. He surprised me with two little beauties! He found them in a southwest Phoenix area Thrift Shop, 75 cents each! He didn't need them, but immediately thought of me because they looked old and actually do have some age to them. The one with the badge is an "Imperial" and the other is marked "Stainless Made in Japan", but it wasn't made there recently! I think they're cool and will go into the shoe box of knives that mostly came from my dad when he was a cop, but sadly the real good ones from that period are long gone now! :)

Open.jpeg Closed.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Nice little knives one top of photo is Cracked Ice scales maybe manufactured Providence RI . If you want scrape out the crud soak with dish soap rinse hot water then blow out with compressed air. Then apply light mineral oil and blow out again . Not really important blades should snap shut ( Talks) other terms ( pull weight ) ease of opening and (walks ) blade has half stop when closing. Sometimes snap will return in old knives after cleaning I've done three. Sellers will list no wobble with blade medium pull walks and talks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wow those are old school knives.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The Colonial looks like the secondary blade has been modified. A pseudo electricians style. A gentle cleaning and sharpening and you’ll be good-to-go!

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts