Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell in love with levers as a boy. I didn't buy my first one till I was 60. Not sure why I waited so dang long.
I just have two right now. A Golden Boy and a Big Boy.

Before the big levers were installed.

And after.The 22 is fun to shoot. The 357 isn't bad either.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Henry makes a great rifle!

Reactions: jeepnut and OldCuz

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Henry makes some good lookin' and reliable rifles. For the time being, I only have one, a Golden Boy, which was purchased entirely with "cash back" rewards from my credit card. I use the credit card for everything during the month and then pay the balance in full with each statement.. no interest paid. A free gun courtesy of my anti-gun bank.

If and when the gun shortage ever subsides, I'll be on the hunt for a Henry in .327 Federal Magnum.

I'm especially excited about Henry's announcement in Nov. 2020 that all steel framed lever rifles and shotguns will now have a loading gate, along with the tube magazine.

Unfortunately with the way things are going, it will be 2022 before they hit the store shelves.

·
Registered
21,903 Posts
Congrats on two great rifles. Henry is an excellent rifle and the Company is exceptional from the CEO Mr Imperato to any one in the company. I have 4 of them,
22 LR with Oct Barrel
Silver Big Boy 357 Mag,
45 Colt Carbine,
Big Boy in 41 Mag. (Mr Imperato helped get this one on a personal letter)
All are a dream to shoot and were smooth and accurate right out of the box.

·
Super Moderator
14,066 Posts
The shop I help at got in a pair of Henry "Mare's Leg" short lever action pistols.

I got to handle them before they sold (within 24 hours) and they were beautifully made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, some lever fans! Anyone that likes guns like levers right?

Henry makes some good lookin' and reliable rifles. For the time being, I only have one, a Golden Boy, which was purchased entirely with "cash back" rewards from my credit card. I use the credit card for everything during the month and then pay the balance in full with each statement.. no interest paid. A free gun courtesy of my anti-gun bank.

If and when the gun shortage ever subsides, I'll be on the hunt for a Henry in .327 Federal Magnum.

I'm especially excited about Henry's announcement in Nov. 2020 that all steel framed lever rifles and shotguns will now have a loading gate, along with the tube magazine.

Unfortunately with the way things are going, it will be 2022 before they hit the store shelves.
Yes, they are reliable. And smooth also. I think I like shooting my 22 Henry as much or more than any gun I have. It's nice to know I'm not spending near a dollar or more each time I pull the trigger!
I'd like to get a 45-70 and a Colt 45 lever but not anytime soon. I can't see spending what that ammo is going for. I'm not planning to add any new calibers to the lineup any time soon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i really like it. it took some getting used to though.
i have found that if i take the bifocal glasses off and just use distance glasses it is much better.
and the elevation/side to side adjusters are different from regular scopes too.
on the Malcolm the scope is spring loaded. elevation with spring on bottom of scope, side to side with spring on left side of scope. so to adjust you turn the knob which either compresses or loosens spring tension against the tube.
i have had both these lever guns for a while. the 22 mag is three years with me, the 45-70 i got just before the world closed last year.
if you noticed silver scope in first photo and black in second on the 22 mag. i bought it new used, and the guy had a pistol scope on it.

the 22 mag is a blast to shoot, and dead on at 300 yards.
i have only had the 45-70 out twice. the day i got it, and last month.
new it was spot on at 50 yards indoor range.
last month i had it out to the outdoor range and 5 rounds had it on on the 300 yard range.
any more than around 10 rounds out of the 45-70 will make the shoulder sore for a week even with the addon shoulder pad.
i also have a Winchester model 94 in 44 mag i bought for a bear hunt on Maine back in 1988 to go with the 44 mag pistol so i only needed to carry one ammo.
but i fell off a machine and almost lost my leg, so never went on the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
36,025 Posts
Those are some very nice Henry rifles, so far just the one here in .357:

·
Premium Member
38 S&W Special, 22LR S&W 617-6, Henry H004SFF 22LR
9 Posts
Love them Henry's mine is the flag model.
Wood Tints and shades Landscape Metal Roof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts