Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,908 Posts
With my adaptor, I can rack my slide in the same manner as my 1911 or 5906. If I weren't able to do that easily nor reliably on the range, I wouldn't have the pistol. Those fish scales on the slide don't offer much of a gripping surface.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I should add ... you probably know this already but just in case ... you will read this bad advice on many forums and if you read it you should block it from your thoughts.
I have read over and over again of people changing out their recoil spring to a lighter weight because they are having trouble with racking. While there may be instances where installing a lighter recoil spring will produce a desired effect on your gun handling and performance it should not be a consideration for easier racking.

I have a couple of 10mm handguns that have very heavy springs installed at the factory because of the loading or potential loading. If I went to a lighter spring to make it more comfortable to rack all it would do is beat the bejeez out of the gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick follow up. I went to Amazon to get a certain grip-enhancing piece and found another much more to my liking. I got the Recover Tactical Slide Rack Assist for the Shield 2.0 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZHN9YH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had figured out how to grasp the slide to work it, but THIS little device makes it 20 times easier. Well made and fits really well...and tight. Turned the pistol into a definite keeper.

Still working on my hand & arm strength though. ;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Quick follow up. I went to Amazon to get a certain grip-enhancing piece and found another much more to my liking. I got the Recover Tactical Slide Rack Assist for the Shield 2.0 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZHN9YH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had figured out how to grasp the slide to work it, but THIS little device makes it 20 times easier. Well made and fits really well...and tight. Turned the pistol into a definite keeper.

Still working on my hand & arm strength though. ;)
That is pretty cool. Low profile so it wont mess with holster fitment or get caught up in clothing. nice find!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts