Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by jonesy or high ammo prices or both I came back to reloading the 9mm cartridge. The old All American was starting to smoke as I finished loading a thousand rounds. I only shoot this out of the Model 929 so I should be good for a few years. The
CF526ED1-E873-478B-B439-BF664EED3018.jpeg
929 was really on target Monday afternoon as I shot a personal best of 2.71 seconds on our Texas star. Only 15 hundreds of a second behind our fastest semi auto shooter.

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
Good going on both counts. Makin' and shootin' accurately is satisfying. Now... about that speed... what's 15th hundredths of a second between friends... Besides, the semi-auto shooter has to wait for the action to cycle...

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
Nice revolver. Bet it shoots as well as it looks.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it does Curt. Actually Monday afternoon I shot my personal best with it on the Texas star. 2.71 seconds. only .15 seconds slower than the quickest semi auto shooter.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Yes it does Curt. Actually Monday afternoon I shot my personal best with it on the Texas star. 2.71 seconds. only .15 seconds slower than the quickest semi auto shooter.
Hey Mark,

That is some good work!

Later, Mark

Reactions: series guy

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Dang it, I'm a fool for not buying a Ruger Speed Six in 9mm back when they were available, but today are hard to find locally, the only market I'm into. I'd also like a .45 ACP revolver, meaning a S&W, they too are even harder to find and expensive. Enjoy your toys gentlemen, you've earned them and found them, great on ya! (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
Dang it, I'm a fool for not buying a Ruger Speed Six in 9mm back when they were available, but today are hard to find locally, the only market I'm into. I'd also like a .45 ACP revolver, meaning a S&W, they too are even harder to find and expensive. Enjoy your toys gentlemen, you've earned them and found them, great on ya! (y)(y)(y)
Didn’t know they made a speed six in 9mm. A couple years ago, an area gun shop had 3 inch SP101’s in 9mm for under $500. Curt & I both thought about one but it didn’t happen.
I loaded these today. A 125gr bullet over 5.3gr of BE-86
14AF1916-16B8-4572-BAA0-69B1A7B23C37.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts