Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a S&W, but this is cool! A customer had this transferred into our shop for her to pick up, and we all got to check it out. It's a 9mm Gatling gun. The barrels were all under 16" so it is classed as a pistol/revolver, and not a rifle. Seems funny, but that's the way it was classified by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Hey Gear,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I like that!!

What's that stuff in the background? Naaah.....it cain't be....AMMO on the SHELF!

Life is GOOD!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
OK. Who’s going to start on the lack of “knockdown power” of a 9mm?

·
Registered
21,905 Posts
I have seen video on one and looks like they would be some serious fun. Best have an automated progressive press to keep that one fed.

·
Registered
28,307 Posts
Gives a new viewpoint to "Get Off My Lawn!"

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
I know it's not a S&W, but this is cool! A customer had this transferred into our shop for her to pick up, and we all got to check it out. It's a 9mm Gatling gun. The barrels were all under 16" so it is classed as a pistol/revolver, and not a rifle. Seems funny, but that's the way it was classified by the manufacturer.

View attachment 499749

View attachment 499750
She has a lot of jack. I looked at them before, ,kind of neat but with ammo the way it is, if you don't handload you'd better have really deep pockets. I think they are a couple thou to purchase. Me, I'd rather have a Thompson replica.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
Now that is some good home defense.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I want one!! (of each)!!

Reactions: jpr

·
Registered
21,905 Posts
New 9mm Gatling Gun from Tippmann Armory! - Bing video

Shipping by FEDEX GROUND: PAYMENT:
FOR ALL DEALER SHIPMENTS: It is your responsibility to know if there are any restrictions on your end for receipt of firearms.
Price: $4,995.00
Manufacturer: Tippmann Armory
Model: Gatling Gun
Caliber Info: 9mm

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
In my view, basically a rich person's toy. Not much good for anything except making noise and lightening your wallet. My wallet is much more discretionary.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Only $5,000!
Would be great is Federal Supplied all the ammo like they do for Mac!

Bump stocks are illegal but this is a "pistol" and is OK??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
There is no such thing as too much fun.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Only $5,000!
Would be great is Federal Supplied all the ammo like they do for Mac!

Bump stocks are illegal but this is a "pistol" and is OK??:rolleyes:
It is legal because you have to hand-crank it with one hand while holding the tiller with the other.

Each round is therefore individually fired by physical action of the shooter, and therefore is NOT an "automatic weapon" under US law.

Where "bump stocks" fall afoul of a strict interpretation of the definition is that the shooter does not have to flex his trigger finger (or move any other muscle or body part) to fire after the first shot, therefore the weapon is firing from the recoil of the weapon pulling against the fixed finger of the shooter, and is thus "automatic".

The original ruling that it was allowable was based on a very loose reading of the definition, where the fact that the trigger moved to fire each round made it "semi-automatic' - ignoring that the shooter was not doing anything to move the trigger after the first shot.

·
Super Moderator
14,083 Posts
Can you imagine how this thing will be twisting the deep state minions responsible for rules interpretation on NFA versus GCA firearms? The video is well worth watching...

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
For the price of admission, I'd expect something other that Chinese made wheelbarrow tires on cheesy rims....

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
The steel wheels are stamped "Made in the USA" with city, state, ZIP code. I have fondled one up close and personal but did not fire it. Dealer cost is about $3,500 and it was a door prize at local Ducks Unlimited banquet for the 'heavy hitter' of the night, business owner and his work crew. 50% of employees were "bringing ammo to work tomorrow."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts