Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to adjust rear sight windage lock screw, but screw (with supplied allen wrench) wouldn't budge the screw with hand pressue.

So, I very gently put an adjustable wrench on the allen wrench to see if I could budge it with the extra torque the adjustable wrench would provide beyond my hand strength.

No dice and I wasn't going to gall up the lock screw so I gave up.

Suggestions?

I hope I'm in the right forum for my question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
If you have a bit driver set with the proper hex bit , you can try tapping the driver handle with a small hammer while applying hand pressure. Sometimes that'll break a screw loose.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It maybe travel stopped. Have you tried adjusting it the other way?

Guy
don't work that way. you set the sight in place and tighten the set screw. to move it you loosen the screw, move the sight then tighten it back down.

i wonder if the screw had a dam of lock-tight put on it before it was tightened?
i removed mine with a regular allen wrench.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WGG,

Don't know what you mean by 'travel stopped'?

I did a counter clockwise turn to loosen the lock screw per the manual and it's instructions, that is the front on the slide facing away from me. Hope that's clear...?

And thanks for your reply, I sincerely appreciate your trying to help me.

My guess: It was put on by a gorilla or the factory guys used red locktite...to be sure, it's never going to loosen up with the vibration of being shot.

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Travel stopped = "bottomed out", "screwed in all the way" , "fully inserted", "seated" , etc. You could try heating it with a hair dryer or heat gun to see if that loosens it up.

Reactions: MarkInTX
1 - 7 of 7 Posts