Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you like it, then go for it! Personally, I like plain the old FBI load....158 Gr. +P LSWCHP but, I carry whatever I happen to have on hand. At other times, I have either +P 158 Gr. SJHP or +P 125 gr. SJHP, from the local WALMART, made by the big four. Nuthin' special! There are NO magic bullets. If you want to spend the money, and get only 25 bullets, at a rediculously high price, go ahead. :roll: Bob

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
My normal reply to questions about ammo is "pick what you shoot the best in your gun".

However with today's climate of ammo shortages kjbnfafo I'd have to say, "grab what you can while you can and make do with it till supply catches up again". nhvaoavo

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, That's how they ( ammo companies) make their money. They razzle dazzle you with B S, so that you buy THEIR ammo. Meanwhile, the good old FBI load (158gr. LSWCHP) continues to be a favorite among us "old timers". You can't have penetrtion AND eexpansion at the same time. Even the .45 ACP uses "Ball ammo", and a heavy bullet. Think about it. Bob

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, What I buy is your plain, vanilla, everyday, WALMART ammo. Nuthin' special. Get +P HP (125 or 158 grain) in .38 spec. and you're good to go! All relatively new guys just think too much! It ain't rocket science......don't over complicate it! Joe Friday just bought some .38 spec. and that's what he used. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't think so much......it hurts my brain!!!! :lol: Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts