Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never saw much use for a 1911 in 9mm but my brother bought this one today..when you think about it, if you like shooting the 1911 platform, the 9mm makes sense since the ammo is much cheaper and the recoil is lighter....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very interesting. Let us know how it works out. I have not had good success with getting reliability from 9mm 1911's.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will advice... :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ya know Sip,
I been thinkin' about a 9mm on a lightweight commander platform, with a twist...like maybe .357 Sig.
I've used the 38 Super, but that bottle necked cartridge is a hot little nine.

Su Amigo,
Dave

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Mucho many years ago, at a gunshow in Alpine, Texas, I traded into a Series 70, 1911A1 in 9mm. Didn't hang on to it long enough to find out if it shot accurately or reliably. Some damn fool had enough money to convince me I didn't need it. I took the money and ran. Ran right into a joker who thought he needed my money more than his Colt 1917.

So, no, I can't "advice" you about the full size 1911, but I can tell you, without reservation, that the Combat Commander 9mm is one of the most reliable and accurate handguns I've had the pleasure of laying my hands on.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm hunting a 9mm 1911 right now. I should have the funds to pick one up this week.

It will be a Nighthawk Custom......

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
That's a good looking gun sip kfjdrfirii

Stainless Steel construction is always a plus in my neck of the woods.

And in todays economy (and durth of ammo) a 9mm 1911 makes sense... goodidea

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Update on the 9mm 1911 commander,

First 70 rounds were flawless. Very accurate too. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
QC, The fit and finish of this one is fantastic. I think a lot of what I paid for was the fancy machine work. The test target is amazing.

Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have two 9mm 1911s.

The first is a Rock Island .38 Super with a Kart EZ fit 9mm barrel. It has ~10,000 rounds through it. I shot it in USPSA single stack division...a bunch. It runs flawlessly.

The second is a Wilson CQB .38 Super with a Kart NM barrel. It runs fine and is much prettier than the RIA.

I shoot the RIA much more.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts