Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm new to this forum.

I have a nice, blued 908 that I use for everyday carry, but I would like to add a trigger shoe (tends to bite w/full power load). Can anyone suggest a reliable source for same?

Also, with this model, I can drift the front and rear sight, but elevation is a problem. Is there a replacement (adjustable) sight set for this model. Don't want anything too large since I do carry this concealed, but also carry in the woods out at camp and would like to have greater accuracy potential for tipping porky's out of tall pines.

I recognize that a trigger shoe can cause unwanted problems when holstering this (or any) pistol, but the hammerdrop/safety seems very reliable (or as reliable as a mechanical thing can be).

Looking forward to hearing from all you fine folks, and hope I can make positive contributions to this forum.

I am John Gault

·
Administrator
8,129 Posts
Hi John,
Welcome to the forum!

As far as your questions go, all I can say is that I've always heard to never put a trigger shoe on a CCW..

About the replacement sight, I'm just not sure. Maybe someone else will help out with this.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Even with the hammerdrop safety I wouldn't go with a trigger shoe, its just one more thing that can go wrong. As for the elevation, what grain bullet are you shooting?? If its 115gr ball or HP, before you go and change the front sight you may want to try a heavier load 124gr, 147gr. You may find you POI/POA change for the better. During your shooting you may want to slow down and see if your forcing/anticipating the shot/recoil. The 908's/3913 guns are accurate little buggers, but due to their size can be somewhat finiky in what they shoot well with and how they are held/shot. My 3913 will shoot low with the 115gr standard loadings, but do better with the 115gr+P, and heavier loads.

By the way, Welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all.

Your points re/the shoe are well taken. The trigger bite only occurs after a mag or two, hope I don't need that many rounds in a social encounter. Have one on a Kel-tec P11, helps in controlling fire on that small pistol. I will reconsider the need for one on the 908.

I shoot a variety of shells through the 908. Wolf ammo for practice, Glasers and golden sabers (handloaded to +P) for carry, and a reduced golden saber load for woods carry (greatest danger in my woods is a dead porky falling on you from the top of a tree). Anything more sinister calls for the 45 auto.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

Be well, stay safe.

I am John Gault

1 - 6 of 6 Posts