Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shortage of reloading components and ammo has got me back at the bench playing catchup for the rounds I used this Summer. The only cartridge that I don't reload is 9 x 18 Mak, mainly because it is my least favorite cartridge. But my stock of factory sits at less than 50 rounds, and none to be found anywhere. It's time to start. So, who reloads this thing, and where do you get your components ? I can't find the bullets (365 dia), and I doubt the round is a popular reloading round. ???? Yep, I'm well aware that out of stock is the normal - for now.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
While there is a small market for heavier 9.3mm bullets I imagine Makarov is the lone pistol caliber of that size. My thinking is to advise buying a mould (custom ?) and casting if you are serious.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have had a Russian Mak since 2004. Purchased it in mint condition for my son, who was born in the region of the BaikaI factory. I bought dies, but have not used them.

It seems I purchased a small supply of jacketed slugs from Brownells some time ago. I used to grab a box of ammo whenever I saw them cheap. My brother gave me some slugs, as he loaded for both a Polish and a German origin pistol.

You might try Cabelas or Sportsmans warehouse. The loads in brass cases I found most often were S&B brand, which seem to work ok.

Ammoseek shows in stock mak ammo at several retailers RIGHT NOW, including J&G sales in Prescott, Az.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts