Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my quest for The .22LR is finally at an end. The LGS let me shoot this while waiting for my background check, which might not finish till tomorrow. This was at 7, 10, and 15 yards, not really trying that hard because I didn't have my glasses for distant vision. It's definitely a keeper, an heirloom.

2020-07-22 14.27.21.jpg

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This, plus my Ruger 10-22 with Tech Sights, and I'm done! I was shooting the 10-22 last week at 18 yards and got a 1" group. Not bad for not having shot it for probably a year.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Very nice gun and very nice shooting. Glad you got to shoot it. Great way to wait on a background check.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy joked with the other employee, "If he leaves with the gun, shoot him in the leg!" :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Model 18 then 17 taught me how to shoot double action and hit moving targets. I foolishly let the first one (M18) get away but haven't repeated that mistake. I even shot .22 Silhouette double action even though single action was permitted.

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
Congrats on the model 17. Everyone should have one. All LGS's should incorporated try before you buy policies. Would be like test driving a car before you sign the dotted line. Would definitely enhance the gun shopping experience. Good shooting....your going to enjoy that one.(y)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've owned several 17s and 18s and have kept only one .22LR wheel gun and that's my old M18. A bit weighty but a very fine holster gun. You'll love yours.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love my personal model 18

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts