Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a very used 6904 off of gunbroker. Ad said it was in good condition. When i got the pistol i looked at the mag catch I noticed it looked different than normal. It was really mushy and didnt have a very positive lock up. I have 3 other 3rd gen Smiths and knew something was up. Took it to the range, it fired fine however the mag would not release and the slide would not lock after the last round. Took the mag catch apart and noticed that it looks like the frame has been altered. There is no mag catch plunger or spring and the hole the plunger and spring is supposed to go has been filled. There is a spring that fits over the mag catch but that's the only spring in the whole assembly. Any help on how I get the pistol functioning properly would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows a good gunsmith in the Seattle area that could help me out.

Wasn't able to load pictures but they can be found on my other thread here:
6904 Magazine Catch Issue

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
18,775 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! It looks like you got some good advice on the other forum. BTW, it isn't considered good forum protocol to link into another forum thread, but we'll forgive you. :D I hope you get your mag catch resolved. The procedure to post pictures here is the same as on the other forum. Just make sure they are no larger than 800x800 pixels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts