Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some research, yet I still can't locate a weaver or picatinny rail I like for my 686.
Any one know of one they'd recommend?

I'm looking to mount an Aimpoint Micro on her for fun.

Also if you know of a good site to get new iron sights at. The stock are fine, but I'd like something with a high vis front.

·
Super Moderator
19,461 Posts
Do you have a full lug barrel? Or is yours a 1/2 lug? The 1/2 lug can be modified to put a small rail on the bottom of the barrel in front of the ejector lug.
If you have a full lug barrel the rail must go on top replacing the rear sight group. Unless you hav ea gunsmith add a short rail on it. This would require Drilling & tapping the backstrap.
You might want to remove the standard adjustable rear sights and put a set of weaver rails on it. You'll probably need a gunsmith to drill and tap the backstrap to fit a rail on it. My Model 57 and 29 are both tapped for the weaver rails straight from the factory. Check into it.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
8,899 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
0321, I have two of the Weaver #307S silver mounts, with hardware, for K and L frame Smiths that RDLouks refers to.......FOR SALE. These a New Old Stock NIB w/o rings, just the mounts, in orginal package. Weaver sold them either way with or without rings. I got them and don't need them. Asking $25.00 each shipped. PM me if interested and anyone else interested in the second set.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
PM sent (actually 2).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts