Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I had a S&W Model 686 also, mine had a Patridge front sight for PPC competition. Also had a 4” with a ramp sight for PPC. Carried it on duty for a bit until I decided it was too heavy along with all the other gear. When I quit copping I sold both of them. No regrets. Good revolvers, I just prefer N frames.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
$800 these days is a steal. Looks really nice from what I can see. I'm home recuperating from cataract surgery.
How come combats look so much better on other peoples guns? I'll post pics of mine in a day or so.
Verde

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peteconstable, are those factory combats? They have a nice grain and figure.
Yes they are factory. But the finish has been redone so as not to be so shiny. I have others with the original factory finish and compared to those, I prefer these. In fact, I'm tempted to remove the finish on my other sets and have them like this set. If you saw them in person, it would make more sense.

·
Registered
36,247 Posts
Beautiful 686! Had one but now it's in a friends stable.

Vision care Sleeve Goggles Gesture Sunglasses

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Green machine, A 27-2 long tube will get it done, with a little more class if it's blued.

I can't get used to looking at your 686-4 with the RB. I have a 66-4 RB that no matter what grip I put on it just seems wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts