Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase my pistol about a month ago and I have noticed that the pistol does not have a transfer bar. when I cock the hammer, there is a small button (firing pin) and nothing else. is this normal?

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
I purchase my pistol about a month ago and I have noticed that the pistol does not have a transfer bar. when I cock the hammer, there is a small button (firing pin) and nothing else. is this normal?
Yes it is. S&W revolvers do not use a transfer bar. That's kind of a Ruger thing.
S&W uses a hammer block that drops out of the way when the hammer goes back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is. S&W revolvers do not use a transfer bar. That's kind of a Ruger thing.
S&W uses a hammer block that drops out of the way when the hammer goes back
Thanks for your reply,
Hammer block, so you should be able to see it, right? I have just the hammer and the firing pin. This is my first S&W and I'm trying to understand.

·
Super Moderator
11,369 Posts
It's not easy to see from the outside. In the picture below, the hammer block is the black bar that goes from the rebound slide and ends between the hammer and frame. That stops the hammer from indenting primers. When the hammer is cocked or the trigger is pulled to the rear, the rebound slide moves and pulls the bar down and out of the way.

·
Super Moderator
34,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: heydez

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
heydez.....Welcome to The best dang forum....we try to be friendly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts