Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Revolver Owner.... First revolver S&W 686-6 4".... Sent it in to S&W one week after purchase.... POI 5-1/2" high at 10-15 yards. S&W has really pleased me... I was told it would take minimum of 4 weeks turn-around.... got it back almost 4 weeks on the dot.... Thanks S&W.

They went thru the gun stem to stern and I am certain that they made certain that everything is dead nuts on.... the work they did is as follows:
  • Evaluate & Repair
  • Adjust Barrel Alignment
  • Cut Forcing Cone
  • Replace Cylinder
  • Replace Sights
  • Repair Yoke
I was told that I would get a better gun back then I sent them.... Hated to send in a new gun for 4 weeks .... However they have gained the confidence of one of their customers. If anyone out there has any reservations... my personal experience says that they are unfounded. S&W Does Stand Behind Their Product....!!

Have a great 4th Weekend....!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yea ..looking forward to a range report!!

I had to send a Ruger in shortly after purchase and I was bummed. Then the wife said .. look at the bright side you will now have a gun that is inspected and gone over with a personal touch.

good way to look at it .. it came back and it is one of my favorite ever revolvers and has at least a few thousand trouble free rounds through it

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
Glad things worked out well. Pics???? Looking forward to upcoming range report. Have a great 4th of July!

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Super Moderator
8,997 Posts
OK I’ll be the one to say it...

Why was that much wrong with a brand new revolver?

That’s not acceptable to me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that this gun was a Monday or Friday manufactured item. When I got the gun the rear sight was bottomed out and only one round had been fired from looking at the face of the cylinder. I think that the guy test firing the guns got this one mixed up with the ones that checked out to be good to go....! The rest is history..... I might be naive but until proven otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
I am just glad that they seem to have checked the gun out stem to stern..... I just hope that it shoots as well as my expectations.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am not sure that ALL those things were wrong with it. I think its just cheaper, faster and requires less skilled labor to just swap out parts in a preprescribed way rather than trouble shoot the actual problem.

There is probably a chart that reads .. if "B" then perform "WXY"

So long as it works when you take it out to play ... dont sweat it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts